New "Best" Last Night... Almost hit my MPH goal

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
Sorry I don't get to post up here much. Heck, I don't post a lot to begin with.

Some of you know all the troubles I've had with my setup, and last night really made all of the heart/headaches worth it. I finally got my tune (100% self-tuned) nailed down, and the truck drives amazing!

Got 3 passes in last night at the open TnT here in STL. Weather was great - high 70's. No wind.

12.1 @ 119 letting off/on at the 1-2 shift (clutch packs are DONE! :uh oh:)

Two other passes:

First pass:

2.04 60' (blasted the Nitto DRs, let off as I hit rev limiter, then back in)
8.02 1/8 @ 90.6 MPH
12.22 @ 118

Second pass:

1.908 60' (EEEeeeased into the throttle like a grandma, BANGED the 1-2 rev limiter, stayed in it)
7.555 1/8 @ 95!! MPH :eek:
Let off after the 1/8th - blew off the FPR vacuum line! :bash:

Fixed the FPR line with a zip-tie, ran the 3rd pass:

2.01 60' (dropped the shift point for the 1-2 shift to 4800 rpm, still hit rev limiter...backed in/out throttle real quick)
7.94 1/8 @ 91.2 MPH
12.104 @ 119.03 MPH

This truck HAULS after the 1/8! I consistantly picked up 28mph :rolling: If I hadn't blown off the vacuum line on that second pass, I would have hit my 120+mph goal :(

All in all a good night, and VERY happy with the build now. Will be building the trans in 2 months, then back to the track at the end of the season. Hoping to find a nice set of 28-30" slicks before then :-D

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
nice runs..yer gonna have a high trap speed once yer able to launch that thing and stay in it..my truck will finally be done in less than a week and id like to get a lil friendly run with ya..:beer:

MaxPower

She likes Spaghetti
Established Member
nice runs..yer gonna have a high trap speed once yer able to launch that thing and stay in it..my truck will finally be done in less than a week and id like to get a lil friendly run with ya..:beer:

We'll start in 2nd :lol1:

Rook

Established Member
sounds like you getting close traction and suspension is all you need to get your 10s. by the way what suspension mods you have and i guess you gonna get true trac to replace clutches.

Users who are viewing this thread