New best in the 1/8th !

jeffsvt

Established Member
I finished my solid axle swap Friday and ended up taking it to the track that night for some testing . First couple of passes I had to get used to shifting so damn fast with the 4.10s in it ( which are coming out and being replaced with 3.73s ) . This was done on ET Streets , 2.93 upper pulley and other mods .

60ft. 1.70

1/8th 7.44 @ 96mph

:burnout:

jeffsvt

Established Member
Thanks !

The solid feels good around town . I was quite surprised between it and the IRS during around town driving . The only time I really noticed the IRS was gone was on the interstate setting the cruise at 80mph . It doesn't float like it use to . I can't say if that's the solid or the cut springs in the rear .

jeffsvt

Established Member
Thanks !

JMD0346 said:
Good runnin Jeff. The 4.10's too much gear?

Thanks !

First impressions of the gears were the shifts came on way to quick an plus I hated having to shift into 4th in the 1/8th mile . I think I'm going to drop back to a 3.73 gear when I replace the differential and axles .

The car was pretty consistent after getting use to it 7.44 @ 96mph , 7.46 @ 96mph and 7.48 @ 97 mph . With a best trap speed of the night being 98mph . I did this at Lowcountry Dragway , I usually only trap 93 - 94 mph there so the solid defenitaly helped pick up the car a little !

Users who are viewing this thread