New best in the 1/8th on BFGs

wjfawb0

Established Member
Hey all, I went to Brainerd drag strip in North Georgia tonight to test out the BFGs. I was able to try some more launching techniques and I think I am starting to figure it out. Ran my best 1/8th time tonight:

R/T .733
60' 1.880
330' 5.168
594' 7.402
1/8th 7.903
1/8th mph 89.80

:beer:

Hopefully my clutch will last for a while longer. Joy.

-Jason

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Not trying to be rude, but your mph (and ET for that matter) is off for your mods unless your way above see level. What's the DA usually like?

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Yea i was going to say... I had a 2.05' and ran a 7.9@94mph.... with a 2.93 pulley, my car puts down 440/460

wjfawb0

Established Member
I don't power shift the car, and I have only been to the track 4 or 5 times before. I know I should be running faster times, but I gotta drive the car to work everyday.

The dyno numbers are valid. I have had it on 3 different dynojets and a superflow dyno and they all indicate the same thing. I think the altitude at the track I ran at is 900'. The temp and humidity was around 84* and 80% humidity.

The first day I ever drag raced in my life in any car I ran a 8.0 1/8th in the Cobra. That was with a 2.90 and K&N CAI on the stock F1s at street pressure. 431rwhp and 456rwtq STD. It was only 60* though. I figure this fall I should pick up some mph and get better times. The car pulls timing when its hot outside. That is the way it is tuned.

-Jason

elmo0244

Established Member
i would say a lil lower look at my sig that was without the mid pipe and the steeda quadant firewall adjuster on 275 40 nitto's.them bfg's just don't hook like nitto's.:rockon: my 60 ft droped from a 1.82 to a 1.75 on the 315's.

elmo0244

Established Member
oh yeah power shift that thing it's alot funer. i would say you would drop aleast a tenth or two.

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Originally posted by wjfawb0
Hey all, I went to Brainerd drag strip in North Georgia tonight to test out the BFGs. I was able to try some more launching techniques and I think I am starting to figure it out. Ran my best 1/8th time tonight:

R/T .733
60' 1.880
330' 5.168
594' 7.402
1/8th 7.903
1/8th mph 89.80

:beer:

Hopefully my clutch will last for a while longer. Joy.

-Jason

Hey Jason - recognize you from modularmustangs.net....

The track prep there usually 'stinks'. That explains a lot....

Personallly, I thing those are decient times considering how much you say you race. Only thing that's 'off' a little is your trap speed. You car is capable of a couple mph faster ( I ran 8.05 @ 91 at that track on DR's - granted, I'm in a vert).

Where your Drag radials 'brand new'? If so, once you break them in, you'll start hooking a little better.

Did you have any problems with wheel hop in your 1-2 shift. I always have nasty wheel hop on the 1-2 shift at that track....

Other than that, you're doing just fine. It's tricky launching these IRS cars.

Looking forwad to meeting you at T&J. You comming to the dyno day?

BTW: Good '60 ft. Best I could muster at Brainard was a 1.9.

Last edited:

Brad00L

Established Member
Nice runs... I ran a Brainerd when I had my lightning and that track always seems to give a low trap speed my was off by almost 2 mph. Also everybody with me was trapping lower than they normally do at are local tack and steele. Weather was the same go figure. But times were dead on just mph was lower.

wjfawb0

Established Member
MY BFGs g-force 2 DRs were brand new. I ended up reving the engine to 3 grand on the line then on ht elast yellow slipping the clutch quickly and sticking the throttle to maintain the 3 grand rpms and then accelerate WOT the rest of the way down the track. The BFGs are the best tires I have had on the car so far. I can even go WOT from 2000rpm in 1st on the street and they hook through every gear realy well. Too bad they wouldn'tlast a month on my car and suck in the rain.

I'll be at the T&J dyno day. I was at T&J all day yesterday. I go to visit all the time.

Hope to meet you all soon.

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread