New best for my 03 with Borla and FIPK

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
I ran a 12.39 at 115.51 last night with just the Borla Stingers and the FIPK. Now I need some DRs to see what it can do with better 60' times.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
how are you leaving the line? launching or rolling? i can not launch at any rpm because i get hoorindus wheel hop.

MikeW

Established Member
I see that we both have the Stingers and the FIPK... My last trip to the trck I realized that I need a shifter now. How do you like your Pro 5.0? I have a Pro 5.0 in my 97 and like it, but I hear so much about the Triax. Do you have to cut the factory boot to install the Pro 5.0 on the 03's?

13.4 @ 97 mph by not hiting 4th is not going to happen to me again... I need a shifter.

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
Damn bro

115 traps without even a tune! You got a winner.

Thanks. I want to get into the 11's without a pulley. I'll see if I can do it with just drag radials but I might also need a tune.

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by sgt d
how are you leaving the line? launching or rolling? i can not launch at any rpm because i get hoorindus wheel hop.

I rev it just a little bit, around 2000 rpms. I still get wheel hop once in a while if I leave the line too hard. What are your 60' times usually?

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 97topless snake
I see that we both have the Stingers and the FIPK... My last trip to the trck I realized that I need a shifter now. How do you like your Pro 5.0? I have a Pro 5.0 in my 97 and like it, but I hear so much about the Triax. Do you have to cut the factory boot to install the Pro 5.0 on the 03's?

13.4 @ 97 mph by not hiting 4th is not going to happen to me again... I need a shifter.

I like the Pro 5.0. It was a little notchy at first but it got better, I guess they have to be broken in. You have to cut about a 2 or 3 inch diameter hole in the rubber boot under the leather shifter boot and push it around the round bottom part of the shifter where the two stop bolts are. It looks stock from the outside except for the shifter handle being shorter.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by TheYellowCobra
I rev it just a little bit, around 2000 rpms. I still get wheel hop once in a while if I leave the line too hard. What are your 60' times usually?

2.1 was the best i have cut on the f1's but i have only had a total of 7 runs and that was on seperate trips. on stock tires w/ my gt i cut 1.8's and ran a 12.6 at 112.

mstngmatt

Established Member
Great times and mph :beer:

I hope I can come close to matching it. My FIPK and Stingers are in transit. :D

Wayneo

Established Member
When I just had the Borla Singer and K&N FIPK I ran a 12.35 at 115mph at atco on stock tires. I can't wait to get some DRs so I can pull some really low 12's and maybe an 11.9

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by TheYellowCobra
I like the Pro 5.0. It was a little notchy at first but it got better, I guess they have to be broken in. You have to cut about a 2 or 3 inch diameter hole in the rubber boot under the leather shifter boot and push it around the round bottom part of the shifter where the two stop bolts are. It looks stock from the outside except for the shifter handle being shorter.

Sounds like the 5.0 in my 97... Notchy until the trans warms up then it is great.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread