New best for my 03 with Borla and FIPK

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
I ran a 12.39 at 115.51 last night with just the Borla Stingers and the FIPK. Now I need some DRs to see what it can do with better 60' times.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Nice times...

My buddy ran his today with a 10" Powerstack filter and went 12.37@112 on ET streets.

Congrats

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
your gonna need some power power IMOP or cut one hell of a 60ft. Maybe a tune and some DR's will put you there, the stock tune is pretty damn lazy in the timing department.

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
your gonna need some power power IMOP or cut one hell of a 60ft. Maybe a tune and some DR's will put you there, the stock tune is pretty damn lazy in the timing department.

They say that every tenth in the 60' is worth 2 tenths in the 1/4. If I can get around a 1.75-1.80 60' with drag radials that should put me in the 11.9 range.

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 2003Slobra
Yellowcobra, What do you launch at with your stock tires?

I only rev it up a little, maybe around 2000 rpms then let out the clutch pretty fast. This usually gets me decent 60' times.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Nice times!
I'm on your heals with a [email protected] bone stock (silencer removed). I'm actually keeping the car stock until this fall in order to get some times in good air, not the 65*/50%/29.15" crap in which I ran the 12.6.
Just like you're doing, I'm planning on going 11's without a pulley.
Maybe we'll run into each other at Atco.
Later.
S.

LandShark

Established Member
How much difference does the temp and humidity make to the run? I ran for the first time last night at Bristol and was a little disappointed in a 13.8 best at 106. This was my first time on a dragstrip, I have roadraced a little but have never tried the strip. Anyway, with the temp at 85 and the humidity hovering near 90% (it actually rained a little which interrupted the runs). Do I just suck at driving or is some of the problem the temp & hum? This is all on the stock F1s and mods in sig. My 60 times ran 2.3 to 2.4 (which is definitely some of the prob).

thanks for any input.

LS

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by LandShark
How much difference does the temp and humidity make to the run? I ran for the first time last night at Bristol and was a little disappointed in a 13.8 best at 106. This was my first time on a dragstrip, I have roadraced a little but have never tried the strip. Anyway, with the temp at 85 and the humidity hovering near 90% (it actually rained a little which interrupted the runs). Do I just suck at driving or is some of the problem the temp & hum? This is all on the stock F1s and mods in sig. My 60 times ran 2.3 to 2.4 (which is definitely some of the prob).

thanks for any input.

LS

There's no way you will get into the 12's with those 60' times. You're losing at least 6 to 8 tenths in the 1/4 mile. The weather might account for 2 or 3 tenths. Altitude would have a much greater effect on the ET. Are you at a high elevation? With your mods you should be running at least mid 12's with decent weather. You have to get those 60' times down to at least 2.0, it's tough to do on the stock tires but it's possible. You can't expect too much from your first time at the track either, with a little more practice you will be in the 12's. Let us know how you do the next time.

Users who are viewing this thread