New Best ET!

NXGHOST

Established Member
It has taken me a long time to figure this out on my own.... If you want to get a 4V Cobra to go fast dont worry about RWHP.... Worry about traction. I was worried a drag orientated suspension would ride like a lumber wagon but to my surprise my combo rides fairly nice while hooking great at the strip! Below are my mods (Left out cosmetic or not ET gaining mods) then my timeslip.

96 Cobra
Underdrive Pullies
Stock Airbox with K&N Filter
BBK Longtube headers
BBK H-Pipe
Mac Catback
Lakewood 50/50's in the rear
Lakewood 70/30's in the front
Ford B Springs (Perfect spring for drag racing while lowering the car!)
4.30 Gears
Hoosier Quick Time Pros 26X11.5X15 I absolutely love these tires!
NX 50HP baby wet shot.
Stock Tune......

Thats about it

N/A on motor it went 12.90@105MPH. I likely could have got a few more N/A passes in but wanted to get right to the NX.

So below on just a 50 shot......... (Check out the 60'!)

12_40.jpg

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
NVENOM8U said:
damn thats impressive. Where can I get the springs and the lakewoods and how much?

The springs (Ford B Springs) are just $139 at summit.
Front 70/30's $91/ea at Summit
Rear 50/50's $42 ea at summit

Your looking at $405 shipped. Just remove the front swaybar at the strip. To be honest, because I dont do any hard cornering, I just keep it off. With some sticky tires and gears any 96-98 Cobra will run into the 12's. I spent so much time trying to do it with road race orientated parts, what a waste of time, no weight transfer at all. The Ford B springs are the softest lowering springs that work great at the strip.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
get a tune, i would think your car could get close to that et na.

you arent power shifting are you? with that 60' and mph you could be in the low 12's on that 50 shot

Last edited:

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Damn well that gives me something to shoot for. I have just about the same setup but I have 4.10s and Strange Shocks and I have a CAI. I have been to the track before and I had an trap speed of 104mph so I think now with what you showed I'll just have to drive it harder and faster to get the results. Good numbers.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Those are good numbers, with some lca's you could hook even better. Im contimplating just switching all my road race stuff for drag shit cause im dragging most of the time lately and im gonna have the spec miata to feed my twistie needs

NXGHOST

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
get a tune, i would think your car could get close to that et na.

you arent power shifting are you? with that 60' and mph you could be in the low 12's on that 50 shot

I sold the nitrous and I am getting a S-Trim for next season, I will tune it then. No I was not powershifting. I found out the hard way what happens to T45's when you powershift. I will sacrifice a tenth in the 1/4 in exchange of not killing my syncros. Plus powershifting on nitrous is not a great idea LOL

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
NXGHOST said:
I sold the nitrous and I am getting a S-Trim for next season, I will tune it then. No I was not powershifting. I found out the hard way what happens to T45's when you powershift. I will sacrifice a tenth in the 1/4 in exchange of not killing my syncros. Plus powershifting on nitrous is not a great idea LOL
i did the same thing....na.....nitrous....now s trim....next turbo...then maybe jato.

:D

as far as the power shifting, i think you are going to have to start when you get that s trim, they like it. i pick up a ton in the 1/4 with mine flat shifting it. i guess it has something to do with the bypass set up

Last edited:

BooRail85

Banned
good runs bro.. our cars are alot alike.. I dont have the mods you have (headers, pullies, nx) but i do have 15" drag wheels.. i also dont have the lakewoods upfront, but i do have 50/50's. and I have drag launch springs from eibach. stock swaybars mounted up.. went [email protected] ..

i think with a couple more runs n/a, you could have went into the 12.70's, 12.60's.. especially with that 60ft! I was only going mid 1.7's..

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
so ghost and boorail, what tloks and axles are you running? torque boxes, yes or no? and out of pure curiousity, what rpm are you launching at?

BooRail85

Banned
i dont know about him, but i am on stock rear tlok, axles and tq boxes.. ONLY suspension mods are the drag springs, 50/50s and upr lowers... launching at 5k.

NXGHOST

Established Member
I have a 31 Spine T-Lok. Seam welded Torque boxes. I launched about 4500rpm.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Do you dump the clutch hard and pin it or let it out a little softer? That's an awesome 60'. I too plan on running QT Pro's or ET Drags. Your car gives me hope that I'll be able to go at least 11.70's on a 150 shot with a good tune. We have a similar setup, plus I have a few more little things done. Great job man!

NXGHOST

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Do you dump the clutch hard and pin it or let it out a little softer? That's an awesome 60'. I too plan on running QT Pro's or ET Drags. Your car gives me hope that I'll be able to go at least 11.70's on a 150 shot with a good tune. We have a similar setup, plus I have a few more little things done. Great job man!

What I do is get to the tree as soon as I can before the other guy. Then I bring it up to 2500rpm or so and start raising the clutch slowly. As soon as I feel it start to engauge (RPM drops 200 or so) I hold it right there then bring the rpm up to about 4500-5000. I then at the same time drop the clutch and floor it. I find that if I pop the clutch right from the floor it shocks the tires and it spins. I can likely launch it even higher and bring my 60' down to 1.55 or so. It is hard to see in the vid but the two front wheels actually pop off the ground about 6 inches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread