New Best at Rockingham this weekend

4camwonder

Established Member
my car went a new best this weekend at Rockingham at the civil wars event. i tried out some drag radials this weekend and had one really good run, but i know it couldve gone just a touch faster. although i did break it because i got greedy going for that 12.99 run that i wanted so bad. but it happens and it gives me a good reason to put the 4.88's in. (broke the ring and pinion in the frist round of eliminations in open comp, saturday night)

frist run: 13.63 @ 103
second run: 13.01 @ 104
thrid run: BROKE.

MODS: 4.10 gears, bbk intake, bbk TB, no cats with flowmasters, and a spec stage 3 clutch.
(Keep in mind this was on completely stock suspension, and full weight at 3450).

CobraBallz97

Established Member
5.0snake said:
thats what Im affraid of...breaking....No trailer and I drive 30mins at least to the nearest track.
yeah i have the same fear...except my closest track is like 2 hrs away in New Jersey (Englishtown)

4camwonder

Established Member
SKMCOBRA said:
13.01 is a stout run! So you actually broke your gears and not an axle?

nah it turned out it was the left side axle, but it had sheared so hard that the axle was twisted inside the houseing causeing it to lock the carrier up so that the car couldnt be pushed, thus leaving us to beleive it was the ring and pinion.

it'll be fixed friday, 31 spline axles, and 4.88's are going in the week.

i live about 20 min away from Rcokingham and yes the tow bill wasnt cheap, but its all in the game... thanks for the compliments, i just wanted to get that 12 second slip with a near stock car...

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I hope you mean 275's :) if not, my sisters 03 hyundai elntra GT has wider tires than that... :D

also, great times. 13.01 on a near stock car is damn good

4camwonder

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
I hope you mean 275's :) if not, my sisters 03 hyundai elntra GT has wider tires than that... :D

also, great times. 13.01 on a near stock car is damn good

yea.... i had to edit that... haha my bust.

yea i was pretty impressed, i mean, the car pulls hard but i just didnt think it would go that low with everything still in the car. i left everything in it, spare tire and all. still had all my shit in it from it being a daily driver...

Users who are viewing this thread