New best and bye bye clutch

JMD0346

Established Member
Ran for the first time on my 4lb.lower/port thursday night. Also had new BFG's put on the day before. I could tell since I put on the new mods the stock clutch wasnt loving it. First run the clutch got out of adjustment and wouldnt go into third. I readjusted it and went back around. This was the best run of the night.

60' 1.732 (clutch didnt grab till 100' or so)
330' 4.841
1/8 7.400
mph 96.72
1000 9.609
1/4 11.471
mph 120.89

Clutch was stinking so bad after this run you couldnt stand it. Made one more run after this and ran pretty much the same except about a .1 slower and 3 mph slower on the big end.

Car felt good other than that. I think with a new clutch set this thing should run some teens or twenties @ 123-125.

So whats the hot setup now? Im thinking of resurfacing my stock FW and using the DFX setup with a CF PP.

Michael

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
nice numbers...
DFX has quite a bit of chatter in first, there are no torsional springs on the clutch disc to absorb abrupt clutch engagement. I like the DF better.

just my .02

jeffsvt

Established Member
Nice run ! It's always nice to get rewarded with a new best after a nice set of mods !

I have a DFX in my car and it is the hardest hitting , best gripping clutch I've ever had in any mustang I've owned ! If your going to run the car quite often get the DFX . As far as chatter my DFX only chatters if I get lazy and try to slip the clutch other than that no noise .

I've had a Dual Friction , it lasted 590 miles and 23 passes down the 1/8th mile .

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Nice Run Michael!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the clutch problems though. Sounds like your ready for a DFX setup! **Problem Solved** We have them in stock and can ship it out to you tomorrow if needed. Give us a call and we'll be sure to take great care of you. Look foward to speaking with you. Thanks, Jared :beer:

JMD0346

Established Member
Hey thanks for the props guys. I stiil havent quite decided yet on which setup Im gonna get. Ill ring you as soon as I do Jared.

Jeff, Do you run the stock FW? Give me the details on your whole setup. Thanks.

John. Anytime man. Youll love it. Maybe we can get up at the track one night. Or maybe meet up in Lexington one weekend. Do you still go up there? Let me know.

Oh and Husein said he saw you the other day. He said the new wheels look badass.

Michael

jeffsvt

Established Member
I have a 26 spline input shaft , Fidanza flywheel , DFX clutch and I also replaced the thow out bearing retainer sleeve with the mcleod piece .

Just like I mentioned if you are going to race your car quite often just get the DFX it will hook great and street driving is quite easy with it . Heck my wife who has very little expierence with a manual transmission says she likes how easy the clutch is on the car . If you were a little closer I would welcome you to drive the car around and check it out for yourself .

Users who are viewing this thread