New Arrival to CA and Need a 03 Cobra Tuner

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
(preface: I did a search, but didn't seem to help too much)

Just arrived to CA (Vandenberg AFB area) and I will be in need of a 03 Cobra tuner once my car gets here. My car has never been at sea level, and not sure how safe it will be to drive with the tune (for high elevation) that's currently on the car. I assume if I stay out of boost I should be ok (?)

Looking for a reputable shop somewhere between LA and Bakersfield. If I have to drive farther, that may be ok to do. Nothing tricky needed for the tune, currently it just has basic bolt-ons.

Any help would be appreciated!

Vic

j-tan

Established Member
Brian @ B&D Racing in Canoga Park
Greg @ Racer's Edge Tuning in Downey
Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach

I heard good thing about these guys.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Greg @ RET in Downey using the SCT Tuner
Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics in Hunt. Beach using the Diablo Tuner

I know and have used both Tuners, both are knowledgeable, stand up guys with good service, and both use in-ground Dyno-jets. RET's twice yearly Dyno days are always a good time....

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
Thanks for all the quick replies. I should of mentioned I'm using a Predator, and really don't want to switch up. RET I think would be awesome, but as mentioned they don't tune with a Pred. I'll give a shout to Powertrain and Swanson performance.

cbr repsol

Established Member
go to swanson if u want your motor to blow. if i remember correctly the owner is danny. He blew my friends lightning motor....From what i hear he is a # chaser and put cars on the edge so they make the most power. Greg at r.e.t. tuned my car as well as many other members on the forums car. He does great work and your tune will be right. Buy a sct xcal and be done with it.

99MystiC

Established Member
RET with out a question. All his customers keep running their cars at the local strip week after week and dont have issues. You can find a sct handheld for sale on here. If you want your car to last do the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread