New and looking for advice

iliveanddie

Established Member
So i have been "lurking" svtperformance for a little while now. learning what i can as i hope to own a svt stang at some point after i get though with college in 4 years. Anyways my grandfathers friend is going to sell his 99 cobra vert. As such I was wondering if there where anything specific to look for when test driving the car. I already know about the recall and told him to ask the owner about that. Anything else would be appricieted. For those wishing to know its a red convert, orignal owner right now with 26k on the odometer. Thanks for any help.

CobraRookie

Established Member
Issues

Try to listen to the engine when it's cold. Sometimes rattles or tics in the engine are more noticable when the engine is cold and then fade as it warms up. Ask if any mods have been done. As about suspension upgrades. If it's all original and only 26K it should be good. You will know when you see the car if it's been maintained well. Odds are it will have been well looked after. Good luck!

CobraG

Established Member
Sounds like it has been taken car of, maybe even garage kept with that low of miles. Good luck, maybe you can pick it up earlier :)

iliveanddie

Established Member
As far as we know it only may have exhuast changes but my grandfather isnt sure. But he knows the guy personally and it has been garage kept and never beat on.

iliveanddie

Established Member
Is there anything else i should inform. him of about this cars as in tendencys outside the norm. He is familiar with muslce cars so u get the idea just different cars have different tendencys.

This is a bit unusual...see if you could obtain a current oil sample for the motor. Send it to Amsoil and they can give you some info on the motor's health. I've done it on mine from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread