New Amsoil 5w50

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've been using Dominator 10W-30 in my TT 5.0

Ordered 5W-50 Signature to use in the car. Will be performing a shearing test and longevity.

Breitling

Established Member
I'll be ordering some Amsoil SS 5W-50 in the next week or two. What's the recommended Amsoil filter for a 2014 GT500?

Thanks.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
I'm currently using Amsoil Dominator 10W-30. Should I make the switch Unleashedbeast?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I'm currently using Amsoil Dominator 10W-30. Should I make the switch Unleashedbeast?

Are you having any strange engine noises to be concerned about? Driving the car more than normal? If not, I'd likely say no need to change. However, have you seen Amsoil's new formulation for the GTR and Challenger Hellcat?

Amsoil AZF 0W-40

Will be testing this soon as I have finished with Amsoil 5W-50.

Last edited:

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
Are you having any strange engine noises to be concerned about? Driving the car more than normal? If not, I'd likely say no need to change.

No strange noises that I can hear. Can't really hear anything over the exhaust. Are you talking about a ticking noise or something like that?

I only put about 1200 miles a year on it.

I just want to make sure I'm running the best oil available for my power level.

Thanks

Last edited:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Does anyone know if Amsoil oil filters have an anti-drainback valve? I put Amsoil oil in my ST but only use Motorcraft filters because I've heard aftermarket filters don't have them.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Does anyone know if Amsoil oil filters have an anti-drainback valve? I put Amsoil oil in my ST but only use Motorcraft filters because I've heard aftermarket filters don't have them.

Most filters these days have an anti-drain back valve. It's the silicon piece you can see blocking the large holes in the base plate of the filter.

7dc1bf19.jpg

2d2f3db4.jpg

proudgeek

OCD
Established Member
As great as this is, it does not give peace of mind to 2015 owners as ford no longer recommends 5w-50 for the PP/track pack optioned GTs. I will hpde my 15 as I do my cobra and would have liked to use this oil.

And FTR, I understand the debate around appropriate oil vs ford recommended oil :). I fall into the group that prefers to avoid giving ford an excuse to refuse warranty if it would come to that.

I just received my 10w-40 XL and will be using that instead.

Users who are viewing this thread