NEW AMG TO CONTEND WITH - CL65

SVT ROD

Established Member
Mercedes putting finishing touches on more powerful, turbocharged 6.5-liter V12

Mercedes-Benz’s appetite for power remains unfulfilled, according to press reports in Germany. Not content with the 500 hp delivered by the supercharged 5.4-liter V8 engine found in the SL55, the German carmaker is putting the finishing touches on an even more powerful, turbo-charged 6.5-liter V12.

The new powerplant, offspring of the 60-degree unit used in the upmarket Maybach, produces more than 600 hp along with 723 lb-ft of torque. The new engine is due to appear in a CL65 AMG model slated for launch later this year.

I AM SURE THIS WILL GO FOR AROUND 150K

I should take it with my new Kenne Bell....:burnout:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Knowing Mercedes, the car would probably weigh close to 5000 lb...with 550 hp in the Cobra this car will be no problem at all! :thumbsup:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
You're right. I did some checking and found the CL55 is 4080 lb with auto. How much do you think the 12 weighs over the 8? Structural mods?

500 lb more?

Blades

Established Member
hah.. i'd love to see people mod those. A classy wood plated boost controller sittin in the old mans benz

Belmont

Established Member
Actually the AMG models and the Brabus tuned MB's are very quick even with being so heavy. Take the sl55 AMG with almost 500hp. The power to weight ratio beats the 03 cobra.

And wait until Brabus gets ahold of it.... They have a sl600 (pre current body style) with 583HP, and that isnt even the turbo'd v12 I dont think!

Belmont

Established Member
Forgot to mention the current 600 engines are twin turbo v12's....

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I can just imagine 25+ PSI being pumped into a V-12...Wow...

Users who are viewing this thread