new AM gauges going in, some ? for ya's

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Decided to get some Autometer gauges, went with oil pressure and water temp. ? is what exactly extra is needed other than what was provided with the gauges??? .....they came with gauge/sending unit's and fittings. I have had gauges in all my other cars and I am forgetting if anything else was needed. Also where is the best place to hook into for both...I am sure there are some guys in here who have some aftermarket gauges, any help/info is appreciated. Thanx....by the way went with the Ultra-Lites...perfect match with the stockers.:banana:

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
SVTF has oil pressure/temp guages already. You also have coolent temp. Why put those guages in and not like air/fuel?

:lol: Stock gauges are about as reliable as a the light show a/f guage that was already installed in the car :nonono:(by the previous owner)....unless it is a wide band a/f you are wasting your money and for what this car is, a DD for me dropping that kind of $ on a wide band is not necessary. I would rather have some accurate gauges for oil pressure and water temp that will tell me something if there is a problem.

Last edited:

smoothy

Established Member
if this is your DD and you are not upgrading it seriously, then why even drop money into more accurate aftermarket guages for the ones already installed from the factory? True they arent as accurate; however, if you are staying relatively stock then they are work just fine. You can tell whether or not your temp or pressure drops any, enough to catch a problem with the stockers.

Users who are viewing this thread