New alternator, still having charging problems...

mdisalvo85

Established Member
I've had some issues with my battery not getting charged when I'm driving...it's pretty strange because sometimes it will charge, but then sometimes it just won't and the battery slowly drains until I'm stuck getting a jump (most of the time it's so dead I have to roll start...) After trying everything I had it in at ford and they fixed it saying it was a bad ground. It was fixed for the whole summer and now it started doing the same thing again...Anybody have any ideas/tips? I've got a voltmeter and messed with it a bit, but it's not digital so it's kind of hard to get an idea of what power is coming off the battery...

mdisalvo85

Established Member
Sorry to bring that back but I got my car up on some ramps and I just can't get to that ground bolt. I've tried all the different weird socket combo's I can and I can't get in there. I really don't know a ton about the different parts around the K member under there and I don't want to take something off that I shouldn't...It doesn't look like removing the oil filter will help any...

SNAKEYE

Established Member
It's been some time since I cleaned up my engine-to-body ground, but I'd say you should start by removing the oil filter to get a better look at the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread