New addition!

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
My wife and I went to the Gunshow in Upper Marlboro. I decided to pick up a new rifle and my wife picked up a Charter Arms 2" 357 mag for herself.:banana::banana:

Panther™ LR-308 AP4
Model: RFLR-AP4
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Barrel:

16" Length
4140 Chrome-moly steel AP4
Contour barrel
6 grooves, right-hand 1x10 twist,
button rifled
308 Panther Flash Hider

Chamber:

7.62 NATO

Method of Operation:

Gas operated rotating bolt

Bolt & Carrier:

8620 steel bolt carrier, heat treated
and plated per Mil Spec
Phosphated steel bolt, heat treated
and plated per Mil Spec

Sights:

Standard A2 front sight assembly
Detachable Rear Sight Included

Weight:

Empty - 8.25 lbs.

Length:

Extended: 38"
Collapsed: 34.25"
Upper Receiver:

A3 style flattop
Thick walled, extruded from 6066-T6 aluminum
Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black
Dust cover
Shell deflector and forward assist machined as one unit
Right hand ejection
Standard Sight Base

Lower Receiver:

Milled from a solid billet of 6061-T6 aluminum
Hard coat anodized per Mil Spec and Teflon coated black
Integral trigger guard
Aluminum magazine release button
Standard AR-15 trigger group

Stock:

AP4 - 6 position, telescoping fiber reinforced polymer

Handguards:

Carbine length ribbed free float tube.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Todd, I was expecting to open this and see that you and the Mrs. had a little one.

I guess these will be less trouble. :lol1:

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
man it seems like since I decided I want an AR-15 there are threads popping up all over the place with AR's and variants alike. Makes me want one just that much more!

NIIIIICE .308 man! :rockon:
chaingun.gif

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. I have been wanting one for some time now as I already have an AR-15. In talking with the guy that sold it to me, the store owner, I mentioned that I had a bunch of AR-15 30 round mags, 40 brand new in the plastic and about 20 used, he said that he wanted me to bring a few up with me when I pick it up, 7-10 day wating period, and he will trade me some more mags for the 308. Can't wait to get it home and take it to my buddies range to site it in. Yeah for me!

Oh, and Greg, no kids.....lol

Dustin,
You better get one soon because when legislation goes in this Summer, you will not be able to. I may get another AR-15 ,or 2, before this happens. Then I can sell one for atleast double of what I paid for it.

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
how was the guys prices, Im looking into getting an ar-15 as well before its tooo late just some of the prices are steep steep steep

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
Dustin,
You better get one soon because when legislation goes in this Summer, you will not be able to. I may get another AR-15 ,or 2, before this happens. Then I can sell one for atleast double of what I paid for it.

Yeah, I'm actually trying to get atleast a lower receiver really soon just so I'll have the part with the serial# on it before they pass that bill (hopefully they don't). And build the rest of the gun.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
OT: Todd turn on your phone you booger. Hit me back and let me know when I can come pickup that K-member for the dyno day this sat.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
how was the guys prices, Im looking into getting an ar-15 as well before its tooo late just some of the prices are steep steep steep

After tax and all the other fees associated with Maryland, it was $1494, $1399.95 initially. I checked the DPMS website and the dealer cost on it was $1295, so the dealer only made $105 on the sale. He has DPMS AR-15's for $899.

Yeah, I'm actually trying to get atleast a lower receiver really soon just so I'll have the part with the serial# on it before they pass that bill (hopefully they don't). And build the rest of the gun.

Right now there is a 6 month backlog on lowers and the delay is growing. In talking with the manufacturers, DPMS, Armalite, Bushmaster, etc, they said that they have added a 3rd shift just to keep up with the demand. Just buy a complet rifle and then change out the parts and sell what you don't want. You may end up ahead.

OT: Todd turn on your phone you booger. Hit me back and let me know when I can come pickup that K-member for the dyno day this sat.

My phone took a crap. I'm going to get a new one today. I'll call you when I have the new one.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
After tax and all the other fees associated with Maryland, it was $1494, $1399.95 initially. I checked the DPMS website and the dealer cost on it was $1295, so the dealer only made $105 on the sale. He has DPMS AR-15's for $899.

Right now there is a 6 month backlog on lowers and the delay is growing. In talking with the manufacturers, DPMS, Armalite, Bushmaster, etc, they said that they have added a 3rd shift just to keep up with the demand. Just buy a complet rifle and then change out the parts and sell what you don't want. You may end up ahead.

I wish I had the money to buy a complete gun right now :(

Users who are viewing this thread