New 99 Cobra Vert Owner

Matt P

Established Member
I just picked up a 99 Cobra Vert. This is a third vehicle for my wife and I to enjoy so the mods will stay basic. It has 121k miles and needs a bit of work and I need some help please.

Is their any place I can down load the Ford factory service manual for free? Or where is the best place to get the real factory manual?

What is the normal engine compression test reading range on the 4.6L 4V?

Thanks,
Matt

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
i dont know about the manua and need one myself.

and the compression should be between 130 and 160? i think i may just be a moron though

where in louisiana are you?

yeller1

Established Member
Not sure about the 99 manual, but my 01 manual cost about $130. I prefer the actual manuals instead of the cd's. I don't always have a computer handy where as my manuals are in the trunk. BTW, my manuals came in 2 books. Way to much for just one, it would be 7 inches thick!
The site is: www.helminc.com

Last edited:

01vert

Established Member
The disk is usually available on Ebay for maybe ten bucks.

Welcome aboard

On compression, consistiency between cylinders is more important than the actual number unless really low. You will know if you have a problem as usually a ringland goes on a single cylinder and it gets really low numbers matched to the rest.

The stickies here have been screwed up since a move to the recent new server. Tons of info here though, and good peeps.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
Not sure about the 99 manual, but my 01 manual cost about $130. I prefer the actual manuals instead of the cd's. I don't always have a computer handy where as my manuals are in the trunk. BTW, my manuals came in 2 books. Way to much for just one, it would be 7 inches thick!
The site is: www.helminc.com

yup.. helm makes them, along with the owners man. there is 2 service man. a wiring diagram.. plus a PC/ED man. for diag. on engine codes

POISND U

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
Established Member
Compression should be between 170 and 185 with uniformity around 10%.

Shoulda done that before you bought the car.

Users who are viewing this thread