New $800 DD

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
1988 Thunderbird turbo coupe.. The guy thought it had a cracked head and it had been sitting and not run for 8 years, got it home and threw a battery and it fired right up, after two minutes of running it started smoking under the intercooler so we figured that's where the crack was. Took the intercooler off to find a leaking heater hose :banana: so five dollars and it was fixed :rockon: needs some attention but overall it's a good solid car, and way more than an 800 dollar car.

turbocoupe003.jpg

turbocoupe006.jpg

turbocoupe004.jpg

turbocoupe002.jpg

turbocoupe008.jpg

Interior needs some attention, ripped seats, loose door panels etc

Graves

Established Member
SVO in T-Bird clothing. Looks very Fox-ish from the front. Cool car.

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
I still can't believe that it fired right up after sitting for 8 years, no smoke or anything. It did however blow a bunch of rust out of the tailpipes haha. It's getting single three inch from the turbo back next week though.

LGHTNG02GT

Established Member
there is a guy around my town with an 88 just like that. he has a few things done to and and runs 17psi through it. sweet car, cant beat it for $800!

BLK93GT

Established Member
Nice find!!! My parents had a loaded '88 Turbo Coupe back in '91 and it was a sweet car. I had a '86 myself, too bad I totalled it. Only had 61k miles too. If I find a pic I'll post it later.

The 87-88 have a smaller IHI turbo that spools alot faster but is done above 16lbs I think. I can't remember now it's been awhile. I would like to get one again someday.

Users who are viewing this thread