New 5.0 performance?

ScoJack

Established Member
Saw a 2011 Mustang GT with the new 5.0 run a 12.53 @ 113 last night at Cecil County Dragway. Wasnt loud or anything, sounded stock. Had what looked to be good sized slicks and a Evolution sticker on the windshield and 5.0 Mustang and Fast Fords plates.

Does that sound right to you guys? Just curious. It was a nice blue one.:coolman:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Does to me, I said with slicks it would run low to mid 12s. Sounds like Evo is baselining a new shop car.

niterydr

Established Member
I was there last night to and I actually got lined up with them during their last run with the stock tires on it. The dude ran a 12.85 w/ stock tires on it. Surprised the hell outta me. Definitely a nice opportunity getting to race one before the general public even has one.

bmxer89

Established Member
Ya that evolution they keep updating their facebook status everyone 10 minutes about it. The latest they posted said it pulled a 12.49 on the slicks

ScoJack

Established Member
I was there last night to and I actually got lined up with them during their last run with the stock tires on it. The dude ran a 12.85 w/ stock tires on it. Surprised the hell outta me. Definitely a nice opportunity getting to race one before the general public even has one.

There were alot of Mustangs out there last night. I didnt see it run on the stock tires. I was about to leave and I heard it do its burnout and noticed the emblems on the fender. Guy could drive though. Saw them putting the street tires back on it when I left. Had to get the GN home and had to work early today.

Ya that evolution they keep updating their facebook status everyone 10 minutes about it. The latest they posted said it pulled a 12.49 on the slicks

I dont think thats too bad for a stock car with just tires. Those slicks were big though.

Kewlv8

Established Member
Saw a 2011 Mustang GT with the new 5.0 run a 12.53 @ 113 last night at Cecil County Dragway. Wasnt loud or anything, sounded stock. Had what looked to be good sized slicks and a Evolution sticker on the windshield and 5.0 Mustang and Fast Fords plates.

Does that sound right to you guys? Just curious. It was a nice blue one.:coolman:

Evolution Performance, Inc. | Facebook

niterydr

Established Member
For anyone interested. Here is my run against it when it was on stock tires. Supposedly the only mods were rear controls arms.

IMG_0265.jpg

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
WOW! CAI, tune, headers, cat less X, mufflers = high 11s Throw in some cams, pulleys and 410s= high 10s low 11s. This is gonna be sweet.

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Wow. :eek:

This car is gonna sell like hotcakes!! The base audience that buys mustang GT's (No mods, or intake/exhaust/tune guys) are gonna think they're KING OF THE WORLD!!!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
awesome for the car, but Evolution has some great drivers, me thinks the average joe will likey run low 13's if they are able to get 12.8's outta the car at cecil

kingnut

Established Member
nice. good to let guys beat on their cars at the tracks to give me info. i could never take a brand new car to the track.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
nice. good to let guys beat on their cars at the tracks to give me info. i could never take a brand new car to the track.

why not? in May of 04 I bought my 04 Mach1 on a tuesday and was at the track on thursday ripping 13.2's-13.4's all night (once I got the shifting down pat :-D).

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
I am very impressed with the 2011 mustang gt and v6. A mid 12 second mustang gt N/A, thats 03/04 cobra stock times and a v6 model running 14 to high 13's. way to go Ford!! :beer:

65mph_Roll

Established Member
Can't wait for the aftermarket...bet a 5-6lb centrifigual is the way to go with stock fuel and compression and with the 7,000rpm (that's what I've heard) redline and 5-gears to get to 1:1 - keep it 'on the pipe'. That plus the usual BPM's should be +100HP?

jshen

Established Member
With the new power, 6 spd man or auto...I don't see the $18,000 difference between the GT and Shelby. This appears to be a much better "bang for the buck". I would like to see a rear wheel drive Fusion with this motor and setup.

Users who are viewing this thread