new 5.0 owner, need advice/guidence

ImGryssLOL

Established Member
Hello all.

So I just picked up my new 15 5.0, performance, premium 6 speed and its time to get the mod train rolling. At this time I'm not looking to do a whole lot but I would really like some input for my plans. I am coming from the mazdaspeed platform (HAI VOLTWINGS, FYHN) and am not looking to get nearly as in depth with the 5.0 as I did with the speed.

My plans so far are

Intake:
Throttle Body:
Intake manifold:
Tuner: diablosport? Ngauge? SCTuner?
Exhaust:
Shifter:
Springs:
Bracing:

If there is a must have that I am missing please say so and I'll ad it to my list. I've got about 6k set aside for this and from looking around that should be more then enough.

Anthony K

Established Member
6k?
Procharger and Livernois tune.

With your list.

Jlt intake
Livernois tuner
Catback is really subjective. I have a Gibson. Sounds great, picked it up used for a great price.
Headers, I have stainless works. Work perfect. Hard to beat 30hp for under $1200

Shifter
MGW, there is no question. It eliminates the mount to the body, which is the dumbest sh!t. 2 1/4-20 bolts spot welded to sheet metal......... No thanks. MGW also only reuses one bushing/cup thing from the factory setup.
It simply cannot be beat.

Springs. I have steeda, they ride great. Look great. But I think I'm going to try some BMR springs. They have a set coming out that have my name ALL OVER THEM!

Bracing. Stop what your doing. I don't care what your doing....... Call BMR Or get on their site. Order the CB005. $160 worth of NO WHEEL HOP!

I also have a steeda K brace. I could tell a difference in hard cornering and it clears stainless works headers.

Upgrade the sway bars.... Pick your poison really. All seem to be adjustable. Pick a vendor and stick with them for the best results.

ImGryssLOL

Established Member
I figured 6k will get me waaaaaaay farther then I want to go so I plan to pocket the rest. Thanks for the advice. Time to start shopping

Dcrypter

Established Member
MGW's kit doesn't reuse the cup anymore, only the first revision for '15 did. That being said this shifter is amazing and is a required mod imo.

All the other advice is great as well. I'm running Steeda's springs and sways bars right now and I am very happy with them, no complaints at all.

I picked up Kooks (h)catback and i'll end up getting their headers when I want to start pushing more than 550 to the ground so those would be my suggestions as far as exhaust goes, but as you can tell it's all just preference :)

601Mystic04

Svt addiction
Established Member
My mods are this is just suggestions:

I have JLT intake love the sound and power gains for the price.
SCT is what I'm using currently but I'll be swapping to Ngauge shortly because my current tune with the sct isn't spot on. Livernois is good to I have it on both my F-150 and Explorer Sport Ecoboost and what a difference the tuners are pricey for a reason.
Borla Type S sounds pretty good on my car with zero drone and I went the ARH 1 7/8's headers this car breathes so much better now.
MGW nuff said and if you not worried about NVH get a whiteline shifter bushing. Also I would suggest getting the steeda SS clutch line and RP fluid swap make this transmission a dream to shift.
Currently wait for the BMR drag springs myself.
If you plan on adding any kind of sticky tire get half shaft immediately and a drive shaft.

I have right at $8500 invested right now in mine its an addiction lol

Last edited:

ImGryssLOL

Established Member
So I ordered a set of the Eibach springs, good reviews and I have had very good experience with them in the past on other platforms. The JLT intake with the bama X4 tuner, again good reviews. I was interested in the Ngauge but it seems to be out of stock and my local mustang dyno shop recommended the x4, so there it is. I will be ordering the IRS bracing tomorrow, apparently AM doesn't carry them but lethal does. So progress

Users who are viewing this thread