New 315's, is this enough clearance?

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
Hey everyone, need a little advice from the pros. I just mounted a pair of 17x10.5 American muscle Cobra replica wheels, with 315/35 Nitto NT555's. I put the low profile MM bolt in, but the tire seems really close to the IRS itself.

What I want to know is if this is enough clearance to be safe? I have 3/8's spacers, but I am not using them.

IMG_0777.jpg

Just to show where the IRS bolt sits. This is the car on the ground.

IMG_0779-1.jpg

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
perfectly fine. my 315 toyo TQs on TF wheels have much less clearance and have never touched the IRS

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
It might rub with your suspension at full droop. Just don't hit any bullitt style jumps and you should be fine. I would just check to be sure.

SVT_ DRiX

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I parked the car one wheel on the curb to push it up in there, and it clears fine. I knew it was going to be tight, but damn! I'll have to clean her up and snap a few photos soon!

AMWill

Hey everyone, need a little advice from the pros. I just mounted a pair of 17x10.5 American muscle Cobra replica wheels, with 315/35 Nitto NT555's. I put the low profile MM bolt in, but the tire seems really close to the IRS itself.

What I want to know is if this is enough clearance to be safe? I have 3/8's spacers, but I am not using them.

That should be plenty of clearance from your IRS. I know it looks close as hell, but I know of a handful of 03-04 Cobras running this same setup with zero issues. I'm sure the 315's look mean out the back of your Termi!

Shane

Users who are viewing this thread