New 2014 Owner!

AFGuy0127

Established Member
Hey all, been a member here a long time, but haven't posted since I had my harley truck back in 2004. Well I picked up my brand new 2014 Mustang GT on Sunday, October 6. The order was placed for it on August 12th. It's a Grabber Blue 6 speed, with track package and electronics package, black leather interior. I'm absolutely in love with this car. My previous car was a 2006 GTO, which I also loved. But, I just decided it was time to move on. Anyways, here's a few pics!

58e7fd19-684d-472d-94ca-5f04ce4daa11.jpg

MG952013100695132957.jpg

MG952013100695161621.jpg

MG952013100695130142.jpg

MG952013100695130222.jpg

MG952013100695161610.jpg

IMG_20131014_112345.jpg

IMG_20131014_112336.jpg

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Nice car man, love the options as well! Sometimes I wished I would have gotten the navi, it looks good

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I finally test drove a 2014 GT today--now I know why you guys like them so much. Nice car, good color choice.

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Im a new owner of a 2014 base model with 3.73 on oct 12 at 730 pm lol....I hate the radio!!! Speakers suck..shifter handle sucks..but will replace..I was told my car had a full tank of 87..I was like wtf ..no 91lol..
Gas is not bad...cant wait to hit the track

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Congrats OP.
I'm a 2005 GTO convert myself. You're going to love this platform even more.
Response from basic mods is fantastic!
With only a BAMA 93Hybrid tune and a JLT CAI, resulted in my current best of 12.462 @ 113.18 on my 2011 GT A6. Can you say Bang for the buck?

As an example, my LS-2 GTO had Pacesetter LT headers, catless mid pipes, Flowmaster AB, 1.8 Yella Terra Ultra Lite rockers, Oil catch can, Vararam CAI and the Diablosports Predator tune. My best on skinnies and M/T drag radials was a 12.815 @ 108.21. Mod costs vs performance gains were really off on that platform. Sure I was sad to see the GTO go, but only for a few minutes. Especially considering how much maintenance was coming up on the car. :eek:

Unbelievable how easy it is to make these Coyotes fly.
Congrats and enjoy the new found power.

Patrick

Last edited:

1FastFord

Established Member
congrats, I have basically the same thing on order except in DIB, can't wait.

calebnumber3

Established Member
I want your old GTO!!!!! Love that orange on those cars! Also good choice on the 14 5.0 gotta love that blue!

LSX_Terminator

Established Member
If I had to guess that is Autoway Ford of St. Pete?

Congrats on the new 5.0!
I drove over to Brandon Ford to get mine.
And whatever you, NEVER use Autoways service department! They are the worst in FL!

AFGuy0127

Established Member
Nice car man, love the options as well! Sometimes I wished I would have gotten the navi, it looks good

Honestly I didn't get the package for the Nav so much as the dual zone automatic climate control. My fiance is a car girl, and she loved riding with me in the GTO, so I got it for her so she could be comfortable as well. Thanks!

I finally test drove a 2014 GT today--now I know why you guys like them so much. Nice car, good color choice.

It's a great car, handles great and drives really smooth. Thanks! I love it myself, lol.

Congrats OP.
I'm a 2005 GTO convert myself. You're going to love this platform even more.
Response from basic mods is fantastic!
With only a BAMA 93Hybrid tune and a JLT CAI, resulted in my current best of 12.462 @ 113.18 on my 2011 GT A6. Can you say Bang for the buck?

As an example, my LS-2 GTO had Pacesetter LT headers, catless mid pipes, Flowmaster AB, 1.8 Yella Terra Ultra Lite rockers, Oil catch can, Vararam CAI and the Diablosports Predator tune. My best on skinnies and M/T drag radials was a 12.815 @ 108.21. Mod costs vs performance gains were really off on that platform. Sure I was sad to see the GTO go, but only for a few minutes. Especially considering how much maintenance was coming up on the car. :eek:

Unbelievable how easy it is to make these Coyotes fly.
Congrats and enjoy the new found power.

Patrick

Biggest problem with those cars (and I'm quoting this loosely from something I read) is that they're under-tired for the power they have. And to get that power to really stick there's so much you have to do. Not to mention that they are a very heavy car. I had almost 103k miles on it, and I just realized I wasn't going to be able to do what I really wanted, so it was time for it to go. I miss the fact that you don't see them everywhere, but this car looks so good that I'm adjusting well, lol.

Thanks, I'm sure I will!

congrats, I have basically the same thing on order except in DIB, can't wait.

If I had found one in that color configured how I wanted I would've bought it. You'll be very happy once it does show up!

I want your old GTO!!!!! Love that orange on those cars! Also good choice on the 14 5.0 gotta love that blue!

Yeah that is a great color, and was for the 06 only. Thanks, I'm a big fan of it myself! lol

If I had to guess that is Autoway Ford of St. Pete?

Congrats on the new 5.0!
I drove over to Brandon Ford to get mine.
And whatever you, NEVER use Autoways service department! They are the worst in FL!

You would guess correctly. I had thought about heading over to Brandon, but the sales guy there wasn't really listening to what I wanted, and wasn't keeping in very good touch. So I went with Autonation. The guys there were all very friendly and helpful.

nice car man! All the right options too! enjoy

Thanks!

Congrats! I also got rid of my GM, 02 WS6. I couldn't be more impressed with the 5.0, especially how they react to mods!

That will be a bit coming yet, but everything I've read said mods do so much for this car. This car will pretty much just see what my GTO had, with maybe a few other things (intake/exhaust, shifter).

yngrshr

Established Member
Nice, man. I moved from a 2005 GTO to a 2009 G8 to a 2013 Mustang. I'm sure it was hard walking away from the GTO and those amazing seats (still some of the best seats of all time in a car in that price range -- I'd take them any day of the week over the Stang seats).

yngrshr

Established Member
Sure I was sad to see the GTO go, but only for a few minutes. Especially considering how much maintenance was coming up on the car. :eek:

Yep, I ditched my G8 once I felt that the trans was going to go.

You can only run a 4500 stall converter (in a heads/cam/full bolt-on car that saw about 90-100 passes at the track per year) so long in a daily driver before the stock trans wants to take a shit, LOL.

AFGuy0127

Established Member
She must be a lucky girl for you to get an option on your new 5.0 for her!

Well I consider myself the lucky one, so I did that to make her happy so she'd stick around! Lol

Nice, man. I moved from a 2005 GTO to a 2009 G8 to a 2013 Mustang. I'm sure it was hard walking away from the GTO and those amazing seats (still some of the best seats of all time in a car in that price range -- I'd take them any day of the week over the Stang seats).

Lol to be honest my fiance and I both teared up when we said bye to the GTO. We had that car for 5 years and had a lot of memories with it, so it was a bit emotional. But as far as the seats go, I think these seats are just as comfortable as the GTO seats.

How was the G8? I still like the looks of those cars.

Yep, I ditched my G8 once I felt that the trans was going to go.

You can only run a 4500 stall converter (in a heads/cam/full bolt-on car that saw about 90-100 passes at the track per year) so long in a daily driver before the stock trans wants to take a shit, LOL.

Lol very true!

I also went from a 2006 gto to a 2014 gt. my gto was full exhaust and cam. M6.

Nice! Lots of converts here, lol.

Thanks again everyone! I'm enjoying this car more every day.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nice upgrade, I came from an '06 GTO myself. The only thing I missed about that car was the ride, it isnt as bouncy because of the irs suspension. Granted all I had was a volant intake, GMM shifter and a pioneer double din.

These 5.0's are faster, I can feel the difference too. Now that I added '13 gt500 quads, they sound real good. Look are subjective, but I think the 5.0 looks better hands down.

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread