New 2014 5.0 owner

Brent Davis

Established Member
I just sold my 2012 Dodge Charger SuperBee SRT8 and bought the new 2014 5.0. I must say that this car is very nice and from what I have searched on here and a few other sites, it is the best responding car to power adders and will live at a certain HP level all day. My SRT8 was done at 550 RWHP and after that, I would need a built engine and still was 4500+ lbs. I have been in talks with a friend about a single turbo kit but with the TVS, Kenne Bell and Whipple chargers out there, they are appealing as well. I have a few questions that I want to ask the group as basic as possible AND I did do a search but found answers all over the place.

1. What has been the best whipple type charger out there for the 5.0? My goal is a 600-700 RWHP system.

2. What lowering springs are the most common? The HRS seems to be the set that lowers the car the furthest over all other manufacturers.

3. What cat back system is the general concensus?

4. Are you guys bolting on headers as well?

Thanks.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
1. Roush racing TVS blower kit or FRPP whipple kit.
2. FRPP K springs 1.5 lower all the way around.
3. 2011 GT500 mufflers.
4. Dont waste your money on headers, get the jegs cat deletes for $130 from jegs.

ATTFighter

Established Member
1. TVS or FRPP, u should just get a paxton or vortech instead though.

2. I have steeda ultralights but if I change them I'm going to H&R super sports it's the lowest drop.

3. Depends, if u have headers and no cats or resonators the gt500 are awesome however if u don't have headers and still have cats the gt500 are to quiet IMO and i would go with borla s types

4.i have kooks headers and like them... U can get cheaper though... They are worth doing if you want to go all out and plan on supercharging IMO

Last edited:

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
The reason you haven't found exact answers is because the questions aren't that easily answered.
1) Not my area of expertise. Sorry.
2) What are your goals for the car and how low do you want to go? Corner carving, just lowered for street duty, drag strip use? Don't lower it without knowing what you want to do with the car, otherwise you might be buying springs twice.
3) Cat back is basically for sound, sure you might get a couple HP difference but nothing you can feel and nothing that couldn't be accounted for by dyno error/differences. I have the GT500 and I think it's the best and that's about what your going to get for answers. What people have and what they think sounds the best, which varies by user. So do you want the loudest, most affordable, daily driver liveable deep rumble? The mid-pipe choice and running headers will also affect the sound.
4) I will be running headers once I get the funds. LT headers are "worth it" depending on how much $600 to $1000 is worth to you. From what I've read, there are good gains to be had, especially along the entire curve aka not just peak power, but if money is tight it may not be "worth it."
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure others will chime in and offer helpful advice but that's about the best I can do without more information from you. Oh and post some pics of your beast.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
It was good talking with you buddy!!

Like i said stop by when you have some free time and ill show you some options.

jessie jaramill

Established Member
Eibach pro kit is best for me..stock suspension sucks..even still lowered ..my 03 stock handles better ..I heard also stock headers are good.. over all coyote has my respect all motor wise

Users who are viewing this thread