New 2012 GT owner looks for best mods

blucobra03

Established Member
OK guys, I just bought this car new and got a great deal on it. It already has the 3.73 rear end. With that said, I want to find out from all you guys - that have already been modding these coyote motors - to find out which mods will give me the best bang for the buck. Any suggestions are appreciated, especially from those who have already done it and realized an increase in HP/torque. By the way, what is a typical 1/4 mile time/speed for these cars stock with the 6 speed ? I would like to get into the low 11's at some point. I just don't want to have to start modding the interior to comply with the drag rules (rollbar). Thanks as always guys :beer:

hurikane85

Established Member
nice man! just picked mine up last week, 3.73 car with 19k miles yet its an 11'...got her for 24k! owell, i went with bama on a tune(american muscle) for $379 and went with an offroad hpipe and flowmasters that were installed today. It woke up alot!! probably get to the track next week.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
Off road mid pipe and a tune (see the which tune thread, it will help you make your choice). Then swap out the control arms to get rid of that stupid wheel hop

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
UPR billet lowers, and the UPR dbl Adjustable Upper with bracket. I swapped them all at the same time so in not sure which one made the biggest difference but the stock upper bracket looks like its a cheap POS

fleshmcfilth123

Established Member
J&m lowers here, lowered on frpp k springs, no wheel hop on stock tires and dead hook on drag radials. Jlt cai has proven its worth and I have several tunes but the Lund tune seems the most responsive and powerful.

Lethal offroad x pipe has been proven to gain power and it adds a lot of noise. Tests have been done showing they produce only ~5 horsepower less than long-tube headers.

Mgw shifter is the best mod I've done.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Boost or nitrous. You can run low 11's with intake, exhaust, tune, and a 100shot. Or you can toss on a blower and run low 11's/high 10's on pump gas and low boost, either way.

JerryC

Established Member
IMHO, enjoyment per dollar:
Axle backs, I like the Roush on NA mustang with cats still on it, if you plan on a OR X/H pipe the GT500's would be the best choice. The sound will make you smile all of the time you are driving, slow, fast or in between, even at startup.

For peformance mods, just save your money and get a blower. Adding a few HP and there and you will get used to it and in the end you'll have a car you drive the crap out of and because you got used to it won't seem that fast anymore. You can come pretty close to the cost of blower with bolt ons, actually you can go past the cost of some of the less expensive blowers (vortech) with boltons and come up more than 100HP short of what a blower will give you.

Yes, you can get used to 500 or 600 WHP, but that sucker will still be fast and you'll know it and feel it everytime. :)

Users who are viewing this thread