NEW 2010 VIPER ACR X .... check this out!!! !

Brizzal84

Established Member
:rockon:
The Dodge Viper special editions continue, and on Thursday a turnkey race car, called the Viper SRT10 ACR-X, broke cover.

It's not street-legal and is upgraded with a slew of performance modifications aimed at racing enthusiasts. Power grows by 40 hp, to 640 hp, for the 8.4-liter V10. The suspension is tuned for the track, and weight is cut by 160 pounds compared with a standard production Viper.

A Viper ACR-X turned 1:31 laps at Laguna Seca last month, Dodge says. That's about three seconds faster than the time turned in by a production ACR at the track, which the company says is the record.

The car follows on the heels of the Viper 1:33 and Voodoo editions, the other special versions of the Dodge supercar announced so far. The current generation of the Viper will end production as a 2010 model with a run of 500 copies. The ACR-X will have an MSRP of $110,000, and production is expected to begin in the spring of next year.

The powerful racer will launch this summer as part of a new spec series called the Dodge Viper Cup. It will be sanctioned by the current Viper Racing League, but each car must be an ACR. Two races will be run over five weekends, starting July 9-11, 2010, at Virginia International Raceway. The series wraps Oct. 22-24 at Daytona International Speedway.

It is sponsored by Dodge Motorsports and Mopar, with cash prizes of $6,500 and $1,000 in Mopar vouchers for first-place finishes.

Read more: Race-ready Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X revealed

01svtL

Established Member
Why? People buy "supercars" all the time for the purpose of tracking them, and they never see a public road. What bit of difference would this technicality make to that market?

96 cobra

Established Member
I never understood people who will buy a car like that that isn't street legal.

If someone can afford the car, they can probably afford to do track days/HPDE's quite often, which the car is purpose-built to do.

They'd be using the car exactly as it was intended/designed to be used.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
You guys can't read? The cars are going to be part of a spec series. Think 40 turnkey viper race cars road racing. Its the same as Ferrari Challenge. Ferrari sells the 430 challenge only to be driven in the spec series. Who cares if they're not street legal? Go buy an SRT10.......thats more than enough car for the street. Trust me if you drove a full blown viper race car on the street you wouldn't want to do it twice. It would be uber uncomfortable, violent, bumpy, wouldn't be able to see well or turn well (race cars have no turning radius due to their quick steering racks), the brakes would squeek like hell, trans would probably overheat due to stop and go not to mention the clutch chatter you'd get from a spec race clutch. Enough reasons?

I commend Dodge for building this car and starting a spec series. It makes for incredible racing and Dodge will get alot of attention for it. It will be a good way for them to develop the viper even further.

CFRacer22

Established Member
If someone can afford the car, they can probably afford to do track days/HPDE's quite often, which the car is purpose-built to do.

They'd be using the car exactly as it was intended/designed to be used.

also, if someone can afford this car, they could probably care less about the ticket they might get for taking it on the street. that's if they get a ticket, I sure as hell wouldn't write the owner of that car a ticket, I'd pull him over and ask if I can go for a ride :rockon:

61mmstang94

Established Member
You guys can't read? The cars are going to be part of a spec series. Think 40 turnkey viper race cars road racing. Its the same as Ferrari Challenge. Ferrari sells the 430 challenge only to be driven in the spec series. Who cares if they're not street legal? Go buy an SRT10.......thats more than enough car for the street. Trust me if you drove a full blown viper race car on the street you wouldn't want to do it twice. It would be uber uncomfortable, violent, bumpy, wouldn't be able to see well or turn well (race cars have no turning radius due to their quick steering racks), the brakes would squeek like hell, trans would probably overheat due to stop and go not to mention the clutch chatter you'd get from a spec race clutch. Enough reasons?

I commend Dodge for building this car and starting a spec series. It makes for incredible racing and Dodge will get alot of attention for it. It will be a good way for them to develop the viper even further.

Exactly, and it would be 74937483748347x more fun to own than the Super Cobra Jet (which also can't be registered and costs just as much).

I think it's badass! :rockon:

01svtL

Established Member
Yea, the article states that it will be the last year of THIS generation Viper.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
As of right now, Ralph Giles (Head of Dodge) says that a new car will return 2012MY/2013MY after the company gets their 5 year plan up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread