New 2002 SC HD

1stblown1

Established Member
I have had my 02 s/c hd and now im ready for upgrades. I really want to know about cogged pulleys and what the ups and downs of having them , also i want to keep my stock eaton for as long as possible . what are some of the Horse power and tourqe #s you guys have seen before going internal Thanks

nr_hd_15.jpg

Oceanside78

Established Member
hey man, nice truck! I cant advise much on cogged, other than they are loud and eliminate belt slip, which seems to be a problem for a lot of us L/HD guys. Ive read that the teeth get chewed up over time (expensive piece to just get chewed up) and if the alignment isnt perfect the belt will walk around on the pulley. But they sound cool as hell and you'll likely make another pound or two at top end as the belt wont have the opportunity to slip.

As for the Eaton Q, just upgrade it man. I think they can make like 14-16 before being overspun, but they will create a TON of heat, Im on 12#s and hot lapped the strip once, my second run was nearly .7s slower from the heat/pulled timing. No sense in spending money to upgrade the Eaton (porting/shipping) just to still end up upgrading later.

Just my .02

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
That is a tits looking HD :beer:

I'm not sure I'd advise on the cogged setup, I've heard cogged pullies put a lot more stress on things. I would imagine with a good tensioner and belt you'd be fine, if you want more boost swap a different lower in. Smaller uppers are more prone to belt slip.

Users who are viewing this thread