new 2001 cobra with procharger times??

00gmsonoma

Established Member
heres a list of the stuff on this new car i just purchased let me know what times on street tires this will be cable of thanks.

The car Dynoed at 430 hp at the rear wheels.

Procharger – Intercooled, 8lb boost supercharger kit added to Cobra 4.6L V8
42lb fuel injectors.
’03 Fuel tank with twin fuel pumps.
Saleen front and rear springs with matched Bilstein shocks.
Roush body kit with side exit exhaust.
Adjustable camber and caster plates.
Car has been lowered approx 1.5 inches front/rear
3.73 rear gears (Limited Slip)
Traction Control
Five Speed manual transmissionClutch is tight.
Cruizinconcepts ’03 Cobra Style polished 17x9” “ZR” wheels.
Ventus 275/40/ZR17 Tires with less than 3000 miles on them.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
On paper, a 3,500 pound car with 430rwhp should run the 1/4 in 11.71 @ 116.33mph
ET Calculator = ET Calculator
Of course several other factors play a huge role, as you know.

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
i think 114-116 mph trap speeds are reasonable with that setup. to run in the 11's you need to hook fairly well. you should be able to trash mild bolt on ls1 cars, and h/c/i cars will be alot closer.

DarkMesa8

4.6 Rookie, 5.0 Pro
Established Member
We're pretty close, I'm putting down 452 to the wheels with a V2-SQ and water/meth. I know your tires are pretty brand new, but I HIGHLY recommend some drag radials on the rear. Which brand is your choice, I run Nittos and I can hold traction all the way through first gear without really trying (centri's low boost at low rpm). And the added benefit to that is no spin = no axle hop.

You could even just properly store those two tires which you replace. Hell, if you were close I'd buy them from you because I need new fronts.

My car is much more fun to drive without having to worry about traction.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
On paper, a 3,500 pound car with 430rwhp should run the 1/4 in 11.71 @ 116.33mph
ET Calculator = ET Calculator
Of course several other factors play a huge role, as you know.

factors like traction and weight transfer, unless you are a killer driver, dont be surprised to see low 13s with street tires and lackluster 60fts, I've seen cars with the same HP as you run high 13s at 110+ and cars with less run low 12s...you can bench race all you like, just go run it...

of course on the street from a roll, most of those variables are out the window

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
factors like traction and weight transfer, unless you are a killer driver, dont be surprised to see low 13s with street tires and lackluster 60fts, I've seen cars with the same HP as you run high 13s at 110+ and cars with less run low 12s...you can bench race all you like, just go run it...

of course on the street from a roll, most of those variables are out the window

What this guy said.

wma8706

Established Member
I see nothing on your mod list that would optimize traction for a great E.T. You've got more than enough power to get deep into 11's but without a well thought out suspension mods.... I'm afraid you would fair better from a freeway or roll racing contest.

NXSVTCOBRA

Buy slicks or drag radials, never understood why people try and race at the track on street tires. Waste of your time and waste of time for others at the track.

Last edited by a moderator:

cliesch22

Established Member
I know this has nothing to do with the post but does the car have forged internals or is the block and everything inside stock?

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
As said above, on street tires your looking at 13's with a 2.x 60. I would say low 12,s with a drag radial and 11's with some suspension work and weight reduction.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
As said above, on street tires your looking at 13's with a 2.x 60. I would say low 12,s with a drag radial and 11's with some suspension work and weight reduction.

Really? I did 13.53 with 2.07 60 foot times @ 104.42 mph with strong headwinds and 550 ft above sea level and my mods are in my sig. I'd say he's in the 12's as he is now on street tires, and 11's with DR's

Edit: this was my 1st time at the track too

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
Really? I did 13.53 with 2.07 60 foot times @ 104.42 mph with strong headwinds and 550 ft above sea level and my mods are in my sig. I'd say he's in the 12's as he is now on street tires, and 11's with DR's

Edit: this was my 1st time at the track too

The big problem will be traction... on street tires, 430 rwhp will handle alot worse then your car with minor bolt ons.

my car goes a consistant 12.40 with 4.30 gears and full bolt ons, built SRA on slicks and ran 11.74 on nitrous the first time out... I am making more power then his car, lighter then his car, and had better traction. And i have a friend with a mach1 s/c with the same power level as the OP and with weight reduction and on drag radials his best is an 11.8x

people can bench race and guess times all day long, but the best solution is to get that thing to the track and give us some times :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread