new 2 the game

05' DOHCtor

V8 inside.
Established Member
whats up everyone.i just got a brand new 05 V6 for 18,500.what a steal!im new to modding cars but i got some friends that arent.i know this is going to open up a whole can of worms but how much money am i looking to spend if i wanna swap the v6 to the new 3V V8's?and the answer as to why didnt i just get a GT is because i paid for my car in CASH and there were no more GTs at my dealer until next April.i can afford to pay for a GT in hundred dollar bills but there werent any left so thats that.anyway, thanks for your input and i cant wait to go road raging with a v8 in front of me.

frankin

Established Member
It seems to me that it would be much cheaper to trade it for a GT when you can. The modifications needed to drop an 8 in there would be quite costly and you would wind up spending a lot more then if you just bought a GT. Also you would no longer have a warrantee. If there are any FORD techs here maybe they can explain this better.

prentice

Established Member
if you was payin in hundred dollar bills,the dealer would have been more than happy to have located you a gt,this happens all the time,you should have bought a gt if you was wanting a v8,the conversion will be costly and time consuming,to each his own,i guess.go back to the dealer and tell him to find you a gt,im sure there are some within his range,then take that cash and pay the diffrence,promblem solved,btw youre welcome.

Boomer v3.8

Established Member
There are some SWEET Turbo/Supercharger kits for the 4.0 coming out...

You're better off to go with that, than do a swap.
And I mean 350+ hp can be achieved with them, so ... not too shabby

05' DOHCtor

V8 inside.
Established Member
eh i guess youre right.are there any short throw shifters for the V6 out yet?it seems that theres either a lot of V6 neglectance in the drivetrain portion of the aftermarket for the V6.the FRPP short throw for the mustang GT is 40% shorter than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread