New 2.6 Kb Test!

JohnnyLightning

Established Member
New 2.6 Kb Test!

Well as i would expect the 2.6 has proven to be a MONSTER! we installed the NEW 2.6 on our 2002 Street Lightning today. We fabricated our NEW JLP Forced Air kit for the 2.6!.The install was just simply EASY! You can tell right off the bat alot of thought went into this kit! the test conditions were not that good at all. the shop temps were 88*+.We did the same pulley combo. 1st on the 2.3 a 9.5 lower & 2.7 upper which made 18# of boost. the timing was 19*.. we made 582 rwhp 666.7 rwt!.. we made a total of 8 runs tonight but i won't go thru each run tonight. We then put the 2.6KB on with the same pullies 9.5 lower & 2.7 upper..The Boost soard to 22#!.and the Power increased tremendously! 652.3 rwhp 763.8 rwt!..thats a 70 hp! Gain and just under 100 ft.#'s of Torque!..We'll be doing a few more runs tommorow! we will be putting the 10" Lower on to achieve 25# of boost! we'll be installing our resiviour and be putting ice in it..maybe 700 rwhp! and over 800 rwt! might just happen with NO JUICE!..!..Our initial thoughts on this Blower is just down right Amazing! We @ JLP Would like to publicly Thank Jim @ Kenne Bell for allowing JLP to have a part in testing this MONSTER!.. Maybe somebody will help me post the graphs and photo's?..Thanx JL

miamijdm

Crazy SVT Racer
Established Member
amazing!!!

1671-7122-165646.jpg

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
damn, that is all the proof that i was looking for. I am going to be building the bottom end of the truck and buying myself one of those monsters.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
This thread is just as good as the other one!! Thanks for the info JL. Are you going to do some comparisons with the same boost for both? I'd like to know how much more power the 2.6 makes with lower ACT.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Comparing the two at different boost levels isn't really a true representation of the difference in power made, boost made at the same pulley ratio yes but that's about it. My 2.3 KB made 623/714 STD at 20#, race gas and 19* timing without the JLP plenum and the new exhaust.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
I doubt it will make much more power than the 2.2 until you run over 20#'s of boost, which is when the little blower is out of it's efficiency range.

Users who are viewing this thread