New 2.3 Whipple for 2011 5.0 GT...

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
That's great news. I should have mine in about 2 weeks!!! Anyone wanna buy a whippled 03 with 28k!!

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
It says it makes that much on 7 psi. Thats pretty good but aren't those engines really high compression and hyperutetic pistons?

6.0GTO

Established Member
I don't know, the power level seems pretty believable to me. I think a similar setup LS3 makes equivalent power. Probably 525-550whp. I bet with the five liter some will blow up and some will make that and more and last a reasonable amount of time time. Basically the same thing that happens with the LS motors. Quality of the install, tune and upkeep of the motor will tell all. I am going to go out on a limb and guess it is going to be cheaper to replace an LS3 that is in pieces than the five liter. Welcome early adopters!

The LSA uses same type of rod manufacturing I think and they seem to hold up pretty well to mods though they were designed from the beginning for FI. That may make a difference.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I don't know, the power level seems pretty believable to me. I think a similar setup LS3 makes equivalent power. Probably 525-550whp. I bet with the five liter some will blow up and some will make that and more and last a reasonable amount of time time. Basically the same thing that happens with the LS motors. Quality of the install, tune and upkeep of the motor will tell all. I am going to go out on a limb and guess it is going to be cheaper to replace an LS3 that is in pieces than the five liter. Welcome early adopters!

The LSA uses same type of rod manufacturing I think and they seem to hold up pretty well to mods though they were designed from the beginning for FI. That may make a difference.

Gotta agree. Friend of mine is putting down 500rwhp in his 05 whippled GT and has been for a LONG time. So I HOPE this motor can take it.

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
high compression and a blower doesnt sound like a good mix

So explain why all the Mach 1 guys love tossing 03-04 Cobra blowers on? Its all in the tune, hell even the latest article in MM and FF was saying how everyone stayed away from compression when blowers were installed because of lack of tuning ability. It became common knowledge to lower the compression if you run boost because it made sense and helped with detonation. That has changed, if you want to get more power boost the compression and toss on a blower just make sure its tuned right.

I think the 5.0 with a blower is gonna be ridiculous!

JTR:rockon:

Last edited:

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
It wont cause too many issues till guys start turning up the boost too high on stock internals. Id make damn sure though that I used a tuner I trusted

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
600hp...to the wheels? that would mean even with drivetrain loss the motor would have to make 680 horsepower at the flywheel with a conservative 12% loss, Im sorry but stock motors are not meant to be run at these levels for long periods, thats a ton of stress on these motors, hell the terminator motors pop at those levels with a built bottom end

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
600hp...to the wheels? that would mean even with drivetrain loss the motor would have to make 680 horsepower at the flywheel with a conservative 12% loss, Im sorry but stock motors are not meant to be run at these levels for long periods, thats a ton of stress on these motors, hell the terminator motors pop at those levels with a built bottom end

No one said 600 to the wheels...

Like everyone says its all in the tune. With current fuel maps,spark maps and the cam tuning/toming its possible. So we will see what happens. Looking forward to it. Also maybe thats why the FRPP kits will only be like 5-6psi...anymore and whats the point of a GT500. Save over 10k and have a ford dealer install the blower and keep your warranty lol.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
No one said 600 to the wheels...

Like everyone says its all in the tune. With current fuel maps,spark maps and the cam tuning/toming its possible. So we will see what happens. Looking forward to it. Also maybe thats why the FRPP kits will only be like 5-6psi...anymore and whats the point of a GT500. Save over 10k and have a ford dealer install the blower and keep your warranty lol.

agreed, ford will keep building monsters as long as people keep buying them

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Deja Vu with all the piston/rod/compression comments, reminds me of my Mach when I SCed it with a Vortech making 10-12lbs at WOT. I put 80 thousand miles on that car with the a supercharger bolted to it. Hit the rev limiter, red lined it, drag raced it countless times, never had one issue with the internals. It's all in the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread