New 1995 Cobra with Procharger D1SC...

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
As part of the sale of my house, I recieved a 1995 Cobra with a Procharger D1SC, 3 core intercooler, bored 306 block, pistons/rods upgraded, 42 lb injectors, Trick Flow R heads and intake, full 3" exhaust, etc.

Right now he has it set on around 16 lbs of boost, with the timing retarded way down. The weak point to the car, as I see it, is the short block itself, and the fuel system. I would like to run 24-26 lbs of boost on it, and would like to have a 331 in there instead of the bored stock block. I need suggestions on a block, complete bottom end if possible, and a decent fuel system. I will also be looking at tranny issues, since it has the stock trans with a centerforce dual friction clutch currently.

I am probably going to drop the solid axle out of my '03, and use the suspension components out of it for the drag car. This car will help me keep the mod bug at bay with the '03. :bs:

Once I get the full build list from him, I will post it up. Suggestions are very welcome, and my goals are to have a streetable drag car. I dont really need street manners, but I want this thing in the 9's, or even high 8's.

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
I don't know much about 5.0s specifically, so I thought I would post up the build list that was sent to me. I know it needs a fuel system for sure, and a roll cage. I was thinking about going with a King Sumo pump and all new lines, and bumping the injector size up to at least 60s. I would also sump the fuel tank, or put in a fuel cell (?)

I was wondering if anyone was interested in throwing some suggestions my way. I want to up the procharger boost to around 24 lbs. I will be using the suspension for my '03 Cobra because I know it hooks well, and might even put the IRS back in the '03. This car is a good way to keep from modding up the '03 any more than I have already.

Anyway, here's the build list...

Hey bro here is a build list.......306 shortblock with forged rods and pistons (9to1), moly rings, steel main girdle all ARP hardware, fluidampner, double roller t-chain with TFS stage 2 cam, moroso 1 piece pushrods, TFS 1.7 roller rockers, TFS R heads box stock, TFS R intake box stock, TFS phenolic spacer, TFS 75mm t-body elbow, bbk 75mm t-body, zex nos 75mm plate dual shark nozzles, bullet 75mm blowthrough mass air with 42ib injectors, 255 in tank with a 255 frame mounted fuel pumps aeromotive regulator, procharger D1 with 3.5 inch pulley and 3 core intercooler, k&n big conical, hooker super comp TFS R headers, 3 inch exhaust with cats, x-pipe and dynomax bullet mufflers. msd 6btm box, msd super conducter wires and coil, 3.55 gears auburn posi, subframe connectors, saleen springs, steeda caster/camber plates, koni shocks. im sure I forgot some stuff but that gives you a good idea let me know any questions you have, ill see ya when you get back take it easy!....

Users who are viewing this thread