New 1993 Diecast Cobras

svtdriven

Established Member
they do have a svo model, I think it has already been discontinued, but they ae on ebay all the time.

I am also looking forward to the 93 cobras. I'll probably get a bunch of gt models in my favorite colors when they finally come out. they are coming out, aren't they?

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
You guys will freak out when you see the floor mats, they look great. They are the gray mats with the red COBRA printed on them. They look even better than the Buick floor mats we used before. The prop rods for the hood are real hardware metal and painted body color. There's even vacuum lines off of the intake manifold! $20 models from the store don't even compare to these - trust me. I know a few will be "have to see to believe" but trust me. I will have an improved red deco sample here by the 13th this month. I'll be posting much better detail pics and you guys be the judge. I'm so excited about these. I have 3 of those Revell 1993 Cobra plastic model kits - I'm just gonna give them away. It has the GT motor in the kit - did you guys know that?

R model? what R model.....LOL! :D

John

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
JohnnyGMachine said:
OK guys, let me help you out with this. I am the product development guy on this program at GMP and I'm a fox body Mustang nut to boot. You guys are correct on a couple things and I've already had a couple Cobra owners call me because of these photos and were a little bit worried about some of the details - and I can understand.
These were very early pre-production decoration samples. Yes the teal and the red are off. The red was a photoshopped teal car. The grills will have the pony emblems and not be painted satin black in the recesses. Also, the factory had the inetrior colors flipped on these samples. I had over 40 comments ont these samples when they arrived and all are just about corrected. There are a couple local guys that have 93 Cobras and even another guy who frequents this site who lives in Winder up the street who owns an R model that I speak with occasionally. As far as the factory colors, we used actual factory paint that was mixed at Akins Ford next door and they were sent to our China factory to use as reference. The colors will look real good.
This model and the yellow 93 Feature Car blow away the detail on our old Mustang tooling. This is all new tooling with working suspension, steering, tons of working features and even rear hatch struts, brake lines, and photo etch metal emblems.
As far as an R model, you'll just have to wait and see......

Thanks,
John

Good I will wait til they are availible for sale when they are in stock. Im sure some one here will know when they are in the store :banana:

#1pony

Established Member
I ordered one of each color and if they do make an "R" I will buy one of them as well.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
#23 cobra, wow a lower number than mine, 2nd one I have seen lower than my production number

Whats the paint,interior color, also what options does it have ?

John and Renae

Established Member
I have one of their diecasts, a 1989 lx sport which was the closest model to my coupe. Honestly, the quality is good, but I have never been happy with the rake of the front end. It just does not look right. It is however, the only diecast of a fox notchback I have ever seen.

I also have one of the AutoArt diecasts of my mach, and that is by far a superior diecast. It only cost 50-bucks, where the GMP cost 100.00.

I am glad to have it mostly because there is no other one out there, but I think it could be improved upon. I would have to see one of these Cobra's to see if they corrected the front end issue...

VJCOBRA

GMP Diecast 93 Cobra

I have ordered mine a few days ago. I live near GMP and have been in contact with one of the "Mustang" guys. He told me that the anticipated amounts to be produced are 2000 of each color. The detail is superb and the entire model line is known for its detail. For example, the hand brake lever works, the rear hatch struts are there, etc. I would suggest that for anyone interested in this product and what it will offer should contact them thru their website.
I actually helped then determine that the engine valve covers are painted black and do not have the Cobra on the top of the valve cover.
I don't know of any other models that are produced and if anyone has another source, I would like to know.

VJCOBRA
93 Black with Grey CLoth #4909

shiz302

TOML
Established Member
I think at this rate, we'll all get models of the cars we like, in all body styles. I'd def like to add a '93 snake or two to my collection. Right now my 2000R is my fav. You know what would make a good model, the white/blue SAAC Fox bods and also the Saleen Fox bods. You know Saleen owners are hardcore enough to buy a model of their car.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Just got mine today, sorry if the pics are a little messed up.

DSC01304.gif

DSC01303.gif

DSC01302.gif

DSC01301.gif

Last edited:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
where do you find the production number? I have a number on the side of the box and thats all I could find.

buddha93

Established Member
On the bottom of the car itself......there is a little goldish tag with the number imprinted on it.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
I would love to find out who has the model # the same as my Cobras car number #195....

If someone here has that model number, I will buy it from you.

Getting the same model number as your cars number would be awsome.

Users who are viewing this thread