New 18" Boze octanes w/nittos

markw351

Established Member
Finally got my wheels/tires mounted. They are Boze Octane 18x9 w/245/40s and 18x10 w/305/35 DRs. I'm still waiting on some cobra etched center caps from Steve @ TF. Hopefully next week. I need a little help though. The car had level-5 halfshafts with long wheels studs when i bought it. Now with the new wheels the studs stick out about an inch. What do i need to get them changed out for ones that stay inside the hole. Any help would be great. Also i was waiting to see how this set-up filled the wheel wells to decide if i needed to lower the car more. What do you guys think. Thanks all.
wheels006.gif

wheels005.gif

wheels003.gif

A BEFORE SHOT
PICS032.gif

Last edited:

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
i like the long studs, i believe their stronger also...

i'm pretty sure you have to pull the axle's to change the studs, but i could very easily be wrong...

regardless, your car looks great!

Gix1k4

Established Member
They look good on there...

I think you can change the studs with the hub still on the spindle, you will have to pull the rotor, caliper and most likely the splash shield too. You should be able to use a small screw-type press to push them out. I wouldn't suggest using a hammer to knock them out. (yes, i've seen it done), it might jack up the bearing.

Last edited:

markw351

Established Member
how much?? those are bad ass!!

Well thats the cool thing. These were not my first choice in wheels. I had not seen any cobras with them on and was a little nervous on how they would look, but Steve @ TF had been trying to sell these for almost 2 years and i picked them up for $1400.00 and he threw in the cobra etched center caps (that i'm waiting patiently for, if your listening Steve, lol). Not bad for a 2 piece forged wheel. These new from Boze cost twice that. I'd say i'm pretty pleased with the look.

Last edited:

markw351

Established Member
those look amazing. if it was me i would lower it a little more all the way around, but thats just me

When i look at the pics i think the same thing but in person for some reason it doesn't look like it needs to be as much. I was going to go with H&R sports with stock isos up front and MM isos in the rear. i think that would be perfect. Cool thing about this wheel/tire set up i can lower the car another 1/2 inch and it will still have the same road clearence as the old 17" wheels/tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread