New 15x10 Drag Wheels and Tires

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
Hey Guys-

Im looking at going for the Drag/Race look with my new 96 cobra. I found a wheel I like from centerline that is 15x10 for the rear. What back spaceing will i need for these?

I plan on trying to run a 325/50r15 MT ET Street Radial on the back. I know i will have to role the fender and flip the quad shock and all. But will it fit alright?

Also can I run a 15 inch wheel up front? They have a 15x6 i would like to run, will it clear the front brakes? What backspacing am i looking for?

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the input.

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
I believe the wheel will fit on the tire fine, and that it the back space should be between 6 and 6.5 with a quarter inch spacer ive read. My consern is the drop on my car. It sits pretty low. Dont know what springs it has they were on it when i bought it. I will be purchasing new springs, shocks, etc. before i get these wheels and want to lean more towrds a drag setup.

With the 325.50.15s im looking at an almost 28 in tall tire, 2 inches taller than stock and one in the fender well.

Can anyone recommend a good drag suspension that will accomidate the bigger rear tire?

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
I believe the wheel will fit on the tire fine, and that it the back space should be between 6 and 6.5 with a quarter inch spacer ive read. My consern is the drop on my car. It sits pretty low. Dont know what springs it has they were on it when i bought it. I will be purchasing new springs, shocks, etc. before i get these wheels and want to lean more towrds a drag setup.

With the 325.50.15s im looking at an almost 28 in tall tire, 2 inches taller than stock and one in the fender well.

Can anyone recommend a good drag suspension that will accomidate the bigger rear tire?

Back in the day I have ran a 325/50/15 hoosier and american racer dirt tire on a 10" rim but that was required rim size by rule...it fit fine on the rim but was a little odd looking....but those tires were odd looking anyway....didn't look like a street tire at all....were real bubbly....so for that part you shouldn't have a problem....as for 15" on the back I have been told there isn't a problem with brake clearence but I haven't tried it....backspacing I don't even know what to suggest....

For thr front, I have seen sn-95s running 15's but I'm not sure how or if they were cobras or how it cleared the brakes...

I may be wrong....might have been 305/60/15's I ran http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/2236/AMERICAN-RACER-TIRE-SALE

Last edited:

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
yea for the fronts ive read spacers, grinding down calipers etc. I dont really mind, i think im gonna end up getting these and figuring a way to make it work that i sure will cost 2x as much as i would like but what ever i think it will look bad ass and hook real well too

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member
yea for the fronts ive read spacers, grinding down calipers etc. I dont really mind, i think im gonna end up getting these and figuring a way to make it work that i sure will cost 2x as much as i would like but what ever i think it will look bad ass and hook real well too

I know on the fox bodies 15" wheels look awesome....with that drag race look your talking about....and I can imagine sn-95s would too...seems like I remember seeing one though....couldn't find it....if it works I'd be all about that....keep it posted as you do it....

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
The 325/50's are 28.5" tall, youre going to need to massage some areas to make em fit right. Quad shocks will have to go. If youre going with a drag setup, run a 3.5/4" front rim IMO. I always hated the wide front drag rim look. You'll need a spacer, and to grind a bit off the caliper for them to fit right. Orr, you can spend some cash and buy a skinny 16/17 front rim. GL man!

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
this link helped out alot looks like the M and H run narrow and the 325s look bad ass IMO

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1115335]Pics of my car with 325 50 15 M&H drag radials - Corral Forums[/ame]

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Hate to bring up an old thread, but yea theres LOTS of grinding on the front esp. The wheels look sick tho.

Users who are viewing this thread