New 04 cobra owner needing advice!

Slvrbulitgotu

Hustler
Established Member
I have had my car for three months now and let me tell you it is hard holding on to my Chevy roots. So far I have knocked down two Ram Air T/A's with ease. I had mixed emotions but who cares, I won. Anyway I was just wondering what you all thought about the FR500 exhaust (I like being silent but deadly), 2.93 pulley, and the Diablo Predator(I heard you need this for that kind of boost). If anybody has a similar setup(maybe with dyno #'s) and could give some info I would be grateful. Also, I was also wondering about nitrous? I have a wet single fogger system laying around begging to do some ass kicking!

Last edited:

mavado007

Established Member
Welcome to the site Slvrbulitgotu!!!

I don't know much about the FR500 exhaust but I can tell you what most guys are succesfully doing to their Cobra first:

Exhaust
Bassani Exhaust & Midpipes
Magnaflow Exhaust
Engine & Induction
LFP Quick Change 2.93 Upper Pulley
LFP Quick Change 4# Lower Pulley
Diablosport Predator Tuner
LFP 10'' Powerstack CAI Kit
LFP Extreme Heat Exchanger

You can find all these parts at www.lightningforceperformance.com
Hope this helps

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Welcome to the site.

I have the FR500, I bought it along with a Magnaflow catted X pipe for a '01 Cobra that I traded in for my '04. Anyway I like the FR500. It is as quiet as stock at idle & get louder at WOT. I put it on my '04 along with a K&N FIPK first & wasn't happy enough with the sound, so I put on the X pipe. The car sounds great now & I have the #'s in my sig from these 3 mods only.

If you do get the X pipe you will need o2 extensions for the rear sensors since you have a '04. The sensors were relocated for the '04 compared to the '03.

Slvrbulitgotu

Hustler
Established Member
Thanks for the advice.I got the Predator on the way.The LFP lower pulley system, and exhaust will come after Christmas.Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread