New 04 Cobra in North Platte, ne

04SVTWhipple

Established Member
The car has 2.3 whipple on it but i think the rest is stock except for a magnaflow catback. its got a a/f gauge and its running really rich. I know i need to get a new mass air meter and get it tuned asap. I need someone to let me know what else Im gonna need. Switched from ls1's and have no clue about this car. I dont want to ruin it before i get to have fun.

XtraTQ

Established Member
Did you buy the car from Woodhouse? If you did, it was my old car. It had the following when I got rid of it last December:

2.3 Whipple
Spec 3+
BAP
60 lb injectors
BF idlers
Metco 4lb lower & alt pulley
BF diff brace
Kenne Brown subframe connectors
4pt K-member brace
Steeda CAI, stock springs cut 3/4 rear - 5/8 front
Mafia
Pfab ice box
Fiore firewall adjuster/quadrant
Magnaflow SS catback
UPR O/R X-pipe

Besides replacing the engine, I'm not sure what else the next owner did to it, if anything.

04SVTWhipple

Established Member
Yes i did get it from woodhouse. It has 28,100 miles now. Just about 2500 on the new motor. Did you ever have it tuned? And did you always run the stock maf.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
look at what he said, it had a mafia on it and it was tuned from mile hi dyno when he got it.

he traded it in and a guy bought it, beat the shit out of it and it blew up. As far as the new motor, we never found out exactly what was done.

They said he bought a ford racing alumintor long block, then they said he just replaced the rotating assembly.

the work was done at the dealer too and then traded back in.

....good luck.

M240Bravo

Established Member
look at what he said, it had a mafia on it and it was tuned from mile hi dyno when he got it.

he traded it in and a guy bought it, beat the shit out of it and it blew up. As far as the new motor, we never found out exactly what was done.

They said he bought a ford racing alumintor long block, then they said he just replaced the rotating assembly.

the work was done at the dealer too and then traded back in.

....good luck.

:lol::lol:

Oh and when the motor gets hurt or blows up and doesn't hurt the block. Give me a call I'll buy it from you.

04SVTWhipple

Established Member
I have the paper work from when the motor was replaced. It has a ford racing performance short block. Sorry if i ask dumb questions. Like i said i know nothing about these cars. so mafia stands for what(mass air flow ? ?)? And I didnt see anything about it being tuned. Sorry for being a newbie.

chinchilla

Established Member
Mafia is an aftermarket part that extends what the stock maf is capable of instead of replacing it with a new one.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
dynosport is good.

a mafia will be sitting on top of the maf and will have a little red horned face on it.

04SVTWhipple

Established Member
Ok. I thought it was off cuz it was laying off to the side. Trying to get ahold of Dan at dynosport to make sure the tune is good.

Also how much boost should I be running with a 4# lower and and 3.5 upper with a 2.3whipple?

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
the SCT 3000 is only for those crazy guys running the whipple 3.4 . the SCT 2400 is good for 650rwhp.

congrats on the car. one of the best colors IMO! :beer:

Black Sex

Established Member
I think you should get it retuned. The ex-owner told me that the dyno in Yankton told him it made 680rwhp. I told him not a chance. What he told me was he bought an Aluminator and they transfered all the internals into his block. Why you would do that...I dont know. But yeah he beat the shit out of it. I think I even heard his alternator fell off on the interstate making highway pulls...which those lead to the motor.

04SVTWhipple

Established Member
Yeah Ive been talking to Dan at Dynosport trying to get a time to get down there. Its running smooth but that doesnt mean it will last. They make new motors if thats the direction i have to go down the road. I love the car and will do what it takes to make it a great car

Users who are viewing this thread