New 03 owners: CHECK YOUR BRAKE LINES!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
This may be a factory related problem and I need all of you to check under your hood next to your air intake. Next to your intake down below is the ABS controller with brake lines attached to it. The top photo is a GOOD install, the 2 bottom photos are BAD and Ford will not cover it under warranty because they are DAMAGED. Anyone that has lines looking like this need to call FORD's SVT line at:

1-800-367-3788

Have your VIN # ready so you can document this with them. I spoke to Rob on the case. We need to have this addressed so we can have a TSB or recall. Ford's field engineer came to look at my lines today and said it's damage and I can't prove it came from the factory or that a dealer did it. If it has come from the factory like this, you all must check yours so we can start REPORTING this!

Mike Pawinski

Last edited:

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
I just went to check mine and I'm okay and match your red arrows. Nice and clean and looking nice and neat.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Here's a ttt for you, hopefully there are more out there and it can be related to a batch of Cobras by build date or something.

Good Luck !!

:beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Mine's AOK. Neat and trim.

The pics above show something ugly, like someone was in a hurry to get it back together and out the door.

Black306

Established Member
Mine are OK, too.

With the way yours are bent out of shape and assuming it did come like that from the factory, I would say it was a quality control issue and they just wanted to pump the unit out. Either that, or someone pulled REAL HARD up on that line at the dealership. Any work done relating to that area of the car?

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Mine are OK as well.

Probably was a person who was having a bad day on the line. Quality Control as mentioned before.

My right rear shock bolt was loose 100 miles after I bought my car, just one of those things. The nut fell off.

Hope everything works out OK for you.

Users who are viewing this thread