NEW 03 Owner

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I see you're a Terp just like me! I graduated from UMUC actually last Fall. I'm right off New Hampshire Blvd. and Aldelphi Rd.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Where do you go as far as Speed shop tuning etc.? I used to go to Heffner's out in Glen Burnie but thats a bit out of the way now!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Originally posted by I-CAN-STANG
I see you're a Terp just like me! I graduated from UMUC actually last Fall. I'm right off New Hampshire Blvd. and Aldelphi Rd.
Drive by there every day....work at the U of M. I'm a UMUC grad as well, but about 20 years removed! Most of the fellas go to Amazon above Baltimore or Herman's in Crofton. Both great shops, take your pick......What are you thinking about getting done?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I was looking at a pulley mod but really not sure about that as of yet! Besides that I'm just looking for a Steeda Tri-Ax and CAI I can hopefully get installed this weekend. Any place local that I can buy these parts?

IronTerp

Both Herman and Amazon have high quality CAI's in stock. Not sure about the Triax though. Both carry pulleys in stock as well but you'll need to get a tune if you go with a pulley smaller than a 3.20. Amazon has a Mustang Dyno and has a great reputation for tuning 03/04's. Herman is getting a dyno in the future, but a lot of the fellas swear by his tuning abilities as well.

IronTerp

Good luck with the clutch install......that's one I don't want to deal with yet, but will probably go with the setup you're using when I do. Right now, I'm thinking of the ported plenum/throttle body from Amazon. Get me some good throttle response and a few extra ponies.......can never get enough!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Great line of mods. Yes, you don't want to come down this road! How many miles are on your snake? I want to add a pulley but very concerned about voiding the extended warranty I already have. How much HP you think I'll gain just going from a 3.60 to 3.20 pulley?

IronTerp

The "gurus" say your rwhp will improve about 23 and your torque will go up about 33 ft lbs with the 3.20. There was a pretty good chart on the Forums a couple of weeks ago about expected increases with a variety of pulley sizes. And you can possibly get your computer reflashed with a Predator or SCT and just reflash back to stock if you have to go to the dealer for applicable warranty work

IronTerp

But, I've always wondered how effective a ported blower would be without a pulley. Porting is a great bang for your buck mod and unless the dealer takes your Eaton off for one reason or the other, which is highly unlikely, they'll never even know it has been modified. Most port jobs will gain 30 or so rwhp.

IronTerp

Amazon is porting for $399 or so I believe. A buddy of mine had them do his blower a couple of months ago and he ran an 11.44 @ 122 last Wednesday night at MIR. But, Apten is running a special this month for the same price and they've got a great rep as well.

IronTerp

Rick at Amazon is great guy to work with too.....real good customer service and stands by his work. It's about a 60 minute drive from where we are. An exhaust, CAI, and ported blower could get you as much as 75 or so rwhp and shouldn't mess with your warranty.......hopefully!

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Congrats on getting your Cobra...good luck with the modding...look forward to seeing you at one of the next area g2g's.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread