NEW 03-04 Ford clutch kit, discontinued .......

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Yes, you read that right, I have a NEW OEM pressure plate and disc (Valeo). New and still in original box and paper wrapping. I'm probably wrong (but close) ... I believe these were available (or produced) by Ford until 07-08, then Ford quit making new ones and re-man'd them from 08-10 (ish ?). I have old FedEx shipping labels on box from 2007 on mine.

I HATE coming off this, I'll probably never find another. I'm building my shop, just about done and the odds N ends have bled my wallet dry. I hustle parts and side work to keep wifey off my back (hehehe).

Anyhow, I think the last time these were available they were just shy of 400 dollars. Discontinued part, rare find ... And for you purists who want OEM, I got what you want. Ford/Valeo markings all over them. I know first hand these clutches can handle 600rwhp no sweat. I put a new Centerforce DFX in my car (less then 1000 mi ago), I love the pedal feel, hate everything else about it. I'm not "giving" this away simply because of rarity. Robust, high quality piece (and very smooth clutch at that). I'm going to start asking 350+ shipping (25-35 bucks), no crybabies please. If you disagree with my price, please move on. This is a rare, discontinued find and will keep the purists OEM. Again, this is NOT a later reman'd unit, but a NEW one. Been sitting for years, really HATE to let it go.

Please text or call Matt @ (330) 398-8985 ..... (8:30am-11:30pm est), for pictures of box, parts, part #'s, etc. ......... Text is best way to get ahold of me.

Thanks for looking fellas.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Just want to add that I cannot find my iPhone this morning. Haven't gone anywhere, has to be around house somewhere. I'll find it later on this morning.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
If this wasn't for a 10 spline input shaft I would seriously already have you money sent for it lol

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Yes it is a 10 spline. You CAN have clutches re-hubbed. There's a place in Cleveland OH (by me), that has changed many disc "hubs" for me and my buddies. Typically costs 30-40 bucks.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yes it is a 10 spline. You CAN have clutches re-hubbed. There's a place in Cleveland OH (by me), that has changed many disc "hubs" for me and my buddies. Typically costs 30-40 bucks.

Hmmm I will do some research on that this weekend!

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
I had no idea you could re-hub clutches! That's awesome!!
And if I wasn't trying to build a race motor, and strapped badly myself, I would've already bought it. I'm one of those purists you speak of!

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
No takers on this ? How often do people want their OEM clutch back because everything else is too aggressive in traffic ? This is your chance, I'm sure there's a few others floating around there, and I know I'm going to regret selling this. Something needs to pay for my drywall and insulation in my new shop. Cobra is cold at night ! Help her out ! :)

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Just curious? what didn't you like about your centerforce DFX clutch? I am getting ready to purchase one. I have the dual friction on my wifes GT and had one in my 550hp Roush loved them especially the smooth like butter pedal feel.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
No problem Mark, you got a great deal.

My Centerforce DFX ... Ok, I LOVE the pedal, but the clutch can be grabby without the right amount of R's or slippage. It's like a "on-off" clutch like a Spec. It just plain gets old having to change my driving style because of my clutch. It's brand new, I sold my OEM replacement to Mark, so looks like I'm stuck with this CF for a while. It's a quality piece, holds the power, great pedal feel .... But that grabby shit is for the birds, or I'm starting to get old.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
No problem Mark, you got a great deal.

My Centerforce DFX ... Ok, I LOVE the pedal, but the clutch can be grabby without the right amount of R's or slippage. It's like a "on-off" clutch like a Spec. It just plain gets old having to change my driving style because of my clutch. It's brand new, I sold my OEM replacement to Mark, so looks like I'm stuck with this CF for a while. It's a quality piece, holds the power, great pedal feel .... But that grabby shit is for the birds, or I'm starting to get old.

I had the SPEC II as well pretty stiff. Did you break it in per their recommendations? I had that clutch on my Roush for over 4 years and it felt great smooth not sticky, I beat it hard on the weekends, transitioned late from Drag radials (2 years later) to MT/ET streets and launched hard that thing never slipped?
I just installed a CF dual friction on my wifes GT went from a King Cobra clutch, it barely has 200 miles on it but the transition in Clutch pedal feel felt like I was driving my daughters Honda.
I have herd others say they haven't had much luck with the CF? I
I'am planning on the DFX for my Cobra?

Users who are viewing this thread