New 03/04 COBRA BLOWER

mustang_walker

Established Member
Guys I got some good news for the ones that don't know this. Magnum powers is coming out with a new blower for the 03/04 cobra. The casting is already made and the tooling is being put into process. The blower will be better than the weak case eaton that is on the 03/04 cobras. The intake will be bigger and so will the blower houseing. From what I was told the blower will be able to support 20 psi on the safe side with out any trouble. You will have to use your rotors out of your eaton and your snout. This is all done to cut down on cost. The blower will sell for around $1700 . This blower is already on the market now for the lightning and should be here for the cobra around spring time. http//:www.magnumpowers.com click on the lightning and you will see this blower. The quality will be great from what I was told, a stage three ported eaton want even keep up with this blower. Now we can get a good blower for the low, low that will be with the kb & whipple. From reading on their site this blower may be the best blower out there for the street cobra owners. The guy told me he was going to speed up the process of this blower since the street cobra guys wanted a little more. Best THING ABOUT THIS BLOWER IS THAT IT SCREAMS LIKE HELL. Now thats what I'm talking about. ,lol :pepper:

Friendchicken

so if it uses the same rotor pack and the case can flow more air... does this mean that the rotors are spun faster to acheive this extra power and doesn't this compromise the bearings? Also, the biggest problem with the current eaton that is pushing 17lbs+ of boost was slipping/tearing up idlers and belts?

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
This news should shake up this site for sure!! Wonder what Steigy has to say about this? :shrug:

Last edited:

mustang_walker

Established Member
Well I just wonder if this is going to be the best part of the year for the 03/04 cobras, I would think so, This will indeed make the LS1 GURLS SICK, LOL. The guy from magnum told me you want have to spend this blower to fast to make good power and when you decide to spend it faster look out for big numbers and less heat. Point blank when this blower hit the market sceen at such a low price there will be alot of guys trading in those slowmaros and fire chickens for a cobra. I just can't wait. Think about this, what if for some reason this blower can get ported.

mustang_walker

Established Member
http//:www.magnumpowers.com click on the lightning and you can see what this blower should be like, but this one is for the lightning, also click on performance and read some more about this magnum blower. What do you guys think.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
This blower looks and sounds good for my ears, eyes, and wallet! All I want to know is when it is coming out and what other supporting mods (in any) are needed besides the usual stuff that you would get for a ported eaton (i.e. colder plugs, HE, intake, exhaust, cooling mod, etc.).

As for this blower and porting, do you think that Stiegmeier would be able to port these things once they come out?

If anyone has any more info or specific pricing for these units then please share it with everyone here!

THC

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
For that much money I would just sell my eaton and buy a whipple, but still this is a very interesting idea. I also dont understand how using an eaton snout/rotors will allow you to run 20psi? I'm not trying to bash, but I just dont understand :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Subin. I would def like to see how much more power, if any over a ported eaton using the same upper/lower pulley. That bitch was screamin pretty good tho.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I remember JDM saying a LONG time ago that they were expecting this blower. That was ~ 2 years ago though.

GodStang

Established Member
Will it be able to compete with a KB or Whipple. The rotors are one of the main things that cause heat and you are still using them. I wish them luck but I am wondering if it will do much more than a good port?

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Sounds nasty! Most def. will look into this come summer 06! Thanks for the 411....

Users who are viewing this thread