Never thought id see a P1 (especially here)

mystickb1996

Established Member
Today during lunch i stopped at a diner near downtown New Orleans and i couldn't believe what i was seeing. A McLaren P1 was sitting in the parking lot with no one around it. Ever since Traynor posted pictures of his P1 iv thought its probably the best looking supercar out (thanks for posting btw). And after seeing one in person id have to say its damn impressive.
Nothing like 1.3 million sitting unattended in downtown NOLA (Ha i get nervous leaving my 14 5.0 downtown)
Was hoping to get a few words with the owner but never saw him.
p1a_zps4rylm30e.jpg

p1%20s_zpsx2m3ohiw.jpg

p1f_zpshzgfdlqa.jpg

P1_zpsjfwjmka3.jpg

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
If he has a that much money to spend on a car like that I'm sure he wouldn't be sweating too much losing it or someone messing with it.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
That car was a basic. No mso option so a 1,1050,000 or so msrp. Love the Montana plate. F sales tax is what he is saying

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Awesome performance out of those cars. But lord they are ugly to look at.

BlownAway03

Established Member
impressive performance but I just don't like the look, especially with the wing retracted. Doesn't look like a million dollar car. Also black appears to look far better than all other colors on this car.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Every time I see a Mclaren P1 the first thing that comes to mind is one of those striped poison arrow/dart frogs.

Such an organic car!

Dendrobates-leucomelas-guyana-yellow-1E.jpg

3.jpg

45_65494938dac7079cf5f8b0dc141a0db7.jpg

14207266460_85fb472cd3_o.jpg

Kevins89notch

Established Member
? Texas? Plate was from Montana

If you don't know, Montana has no sales tax on cars. Texas looks to be 6.25%. So let's just say the P1 was a simple million. In TX, you would pay $62,500 to own the car. Montana also allows a LCC to own a car. So for about or less than 2K, I've heard there are websites/people who will do all the work to set you up with a LCC, ex: a po box, a bank account, the paperwork, etc. Then John Doe in TX simply tells his local dealership the P1 is being bought by JohnDoe LCC of Montana, and he pays zero sales tax.

Hmmmm, $62,500 or $2,000?

I think there are 2 other states, but Montana seems to be the easiest, and most used. I think there's one or two states that have this issue with boats as well.

edit: Yes OP is in Louisiana, I forgot and did the math bases on TX. Either way, same principle applies. No tax is better.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Original McLaren F1 had no wing, this looks P1 looks amazing with it retracted.

Stinger2011

Established Member
Beautiful car. I'd be nervous leaving my car unattended there too. I drove around the westbank area a year or so ago (first time in the state) and some areas looked classy. Other ones I would stay away from at night or day.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
If you don't know, Montana has no sales tax on cars. Texas looks to be 6.25%. So let's just say the P1 was a simple million. In TX, you would pay $62,500 to own the car. Montana also allows a LCC to own a car. So for about or less than 2K, I've heard there are websites/people who will do all the work to set you up with a LCC, ex: a po box, a bank account, the paperwork, etc. Then John Doe in TX simply tells his local dealership the P1 is being bought by JohnDoe LCC of Montana, and he pays zero sales tax.

Hmmmm, $62,500 or $2,000?

I think there are 2 other states, but Montana seems to be the easiest, and most used. I think there's one or two states that have this issue with boats as well.

edit: Yes OP is in Louisiana, I forgot and did the math bases on TX. Either way, same principle applies. No tax is better.
This, the guy is from Baton Rouge and has a few other exotics. Many people with these high end cars register in MT to avoid outrageous taxes. Hope to see this one in person.

Users who are viewing this thread