Never really noticed the low production numbers...

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
Well that title is misleading I have always been aware of the low cobra production numbers, but I never realized there was more than twice as many 03 Cobras made than 01 Cobras... 6000 01's to around 14000 03's.

Even the 99's had over 8000 built... did they decide there was less demand in 01?

But I really do see many more Terminators than 99/01's, which makes it a little cooler when it's a sick 99/01 :thumbsup:

Oh and this is all because I got my certificate from SVT, #2086 :)

Last edited:

2001asp

Established Member
Nice, My car is #804 silver group. Cobraetti and I seem to think that the silver group was made first as the ones weve seen have all been in the lower digits.:shrug:

Last edited:

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
I'm number 504 of 3,384 cobra verts built.

I agree, i'm so used to seeing terminators its like a norm. I live a couple minutes away from CJ's Pony Parts and when I first bought my new edge i went in to show a couple of the guys and they were like "i like seeing the new edges more than the terminators now. just because there are so many more terminators and you rarely see the new edges"

It's nice to know there's only 3,383 more people who have an 01 cobra vert. AND THATS IT!!! :)

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
no idea on the different teams... but ya it seems wierd that they made 10k in 99, skipped a year cuz of the problems, produced almost half the amount in 01, skipped 02, than decided to make over 20000 terminators.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Think about it.... the 99s were recalled and they had to concentrate on fixing all of them as well as the bad PR. Then, they had to start tooling up for the 03s. That left very little time in between to make 01s.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Nice, My car is #804 silver group. Cobraetti and I seem to think that the silver group was made first as the ones weve seen have all been in the lower digits.:shrug:

hmmm I think yellow was made first, Mine was built at the dearborn plant on 4/10/01 and is #393 out of 3867

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Really? I thought they were built in Mexico?:poke:

hahah looks like you are the funny man. I was just copying the information from the SVT certificate. Next time I post I will think to my self first, is this post okay with Smacked_in_ATL.

fangs99

Established Member
Well that title is misleading I have always been aware of the low cobra production numbers, but I never realized there was more than twice as many 03 Cobras made than 01 Cobras... 6000 01's to around 14000 03's.

Even the 99's had over 8000 built... did they decide there was less demand in 01?

But I really do see many more Terminators than 99/01's, which makes it a little cooler when it's a sick 99/01 :thumbsup:

Oh and this is all because I got my certificate from SVT, #2086 :)

where did you go and how much did it cost you to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread