Neutral Profile Relearn/Crankshaft Relearn ever needed regularly?

50blackout

Established Member
Hey guys, I was reading some posts with guys who have the Pro Cal (FRPP Tune) and they claim that when they have excessive pinging (and they are using 91 or 93 octane) they run a "Neutral Profile Relearn" and it helps reduce or eliminate the pinging.

My issues is this: I have an AED tune that runs great (very little to no knock at all; when I first got the tune there was none and then after there was maybe 1 degree timing being pulled at WOT, which didn't really bother me) Since I have been dataloging this past 2 weeks, I notice the Knock has gone to 3 or 4 degrees. This is also with trying different gas stations. A buddy of mine told me that is to be expected this time of year because CA has "winter gas."

I'm not sure if the "winter gas" issues is causing my knock or not, but my questions is this: Would a "Crankshaft Relearn" help or is this procedure only for changing the clutch and flywheel? (I was also happy to realize that I don't need to take my car to the Ford Dealer for this procedure because the SCT X4 has this feature under "Special Functions").

Is the best thing to keep trying different gas stations?

Thanks ahead of time guys, Knock is a B@$%*!!!

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You only have to do a relearn if you replace a a flywheel, ckp sensor, ckp sensor pulse ring, clutch and sometimes a harmonic balancer. You should not have to do this everyonce in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread