Neighbor Growing Pot (Leo's Only)

ModularFan

Established Member
Ok so today I walk out in my backyard because my mom wanted me to rip out her garden. As I was ripping out her garden the neighbor in back of me was ripping the vines and weeds off his side of the fence, as he was ripping the vines and stuff off his fence, I Over heard him say "there goes a pot plant" He also had his grandson or son with him helping, I then overheard the kid say who smoke's pot, and the guy say's mom mom smokes MJ. This caused me to raise a little suspcision not be aware, the house behind me it's in the greatest shape and I don't live in what you would call a nice neighborhood and from I see around here doesn't surprise me.

So the point I'am trying to make is it illegal in the state of pa to grow pot and mj in your backyard? I know some states have it legalized for medical purpose's (MJ) just wanted to get a Leo's POV of what I should do or could happen?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Iam asking if it's illegal to grow pot in the backyard.

It is not legal in PA or NJ to grow marijuana, even if for medical purposes.

It is also against federal law to grow or possess marijuana regardless of the reason.

ModularFan

Established Member
thanks that's what I figured. I don't want to be a snitch, I mean I did hear him say, there goes a pot plant, and I doubt someone would joke about that to their grandson or son. and it was weird that he told the kid that has mother or grandmother she smoked Mary Jay.

I want all facts before I make an appoint to the police. because I don't want them coming after me for false accustions.

ModularFan

Established Member
what would happen if I called in, would they send detectives out with a search warrant? I know the street but not the house number.

I don't know how much the guy was growing, I just heard him say there goes a pot plant, as I was ripping out my garden and as he was ripping the vines and stuff off the side of his fence.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
what would happen if I called in, would they send detectives out with a search warrant? I know the street but not the house number.

I don't know how much the guy was growing, I just heard him say there goes a pot plant, as I was ripping out my garden and as he was ripping the vines and stuff off the side of his fence.

They would investigate. If they were growing marijuana why would they rip out the plant? If they ripped out the plant why would they leave others?

No judge would issue a warrant based on anonymous unsubstantiated tip.

You could simply drive around the block and get the house number if you are so concerned. :shrug:

ModularFan

Established Member
They would investigate. If they were growing marijuana why would they rip out the plant? If they ripped out the plant why would they leave others?

No judge would issue a warrant based on anonymous unsubstantiated tip.

You could simply drive around the block and get the house number if you are so concerned. :shrug:

Because he did it by accident, I heard him say whoops. I don't know if he ripped out the rest, he didn't mumble anything.

mustanginky

Established Member
i don't see why he's getting the hate, sounds like his neighbor has too big a mouth when committing a crime.

some people aren't liberal and don't care for drugs being grown in their neighbors backyard. last time i checked it was still a federal crime to cultivate marijuana, and surely a state crime up there. is it hurting anything? maybe not but who knows. said the neighborhood wasn't that nice.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
To all those that cant read or blatantly choose to ignore the rules. This thread was designated by the OP as LEOs Only. That means if you are not a site verified LEO the OP does not want your comments in the threads. The site rules permit such a designation.

I have removed 9 posts from non LEOs in this thread alone. It is getting tiresome.

The next one gets banned.

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Call your local PD and give an anonymous tip, there would be no recourse for a false accusation due to the fact you believe there to be drug activity. Its not like completing a false report as you are only providing possible information.

ModularFan

Established Member
I think iam gonna leave it alone. thanks for tips and suggestions. you can close the thread.

ModularFan

Established Member
Good choice, like it's been said unless there is dealing or some serious issue going on - forget about it.

Well it technically it is a serious issue, for one it being illegal. I don't know whether the guy is dealing or not. But I do know there are kids possibly around it, because of the fact the kid was helping his dad or grandfather out with ripping out the weeds. and boggle my mind the kid would ask who smoked it. He definitely sounded young the kid very young.

Now I know schools have D.A.R.E. programs so Iam assuming the kid has somewhat learned about this stuff, since he was smart enough to ask his dad or grandfather who smoked it.

ModularFan

Established Member
Snitching on your neighbors (on archaic laws never the less) is akin to a police state remenicent of Nazi Germany and the USSR. Are you sure that you desire to live like in such a society?

If you sniched on everyone for everything against the law I seriously doubt there would be many people out of jail.

Sir do me a favor and don't post in my thread, what you said was totally stupid how the hell could you bring up nazi germany in the equation.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
To all those that cant read or blatantly choose to ignore the rules. This thread was designated by the OP as LEOs Only. That means if you are not a site verified LEO the OP does not want your comments in the threads. The site rules permit such a designation.

I have removed 9 posts from non LEOs in this thread alone. It is getting tiresome.

The next one gets banned.

I'm not a LEO. Bye.

Congratulations, you win, goodbye.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
The debate over state/federal laws regarding pot, its medicinal use and growing for personal consumption is really heating up in some areas.

Case in point; Fresno, CA. has had several incidents where would-be thieves attempted to harvest leaves from "legitimate" co-op farms where pot is being grown for medicinal use. Here is a link to one;

Fresno man held in shooting of alleged pot-farm thief - Afternoon's top stories - fresnobee.com

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/09/11...more-fresno-pot-farm.html#storylink=mirelated

I can see this type of violence growing, with the usual collateral fallout.

UPDATE - after posting this; another shooting.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/09/13/2076931/sw-fresno-pot-theft-lead-to-gunfire.html

Last edited:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
As mentioned, you can call in and not give any of your info. However, IF the area where you heard the guy/believe them to be growing it is NOT visible from outside the fence, further info or a warrant would be needed. As Adam said, authorities would not be able to get anything based on a tip.
Bottom line, you would have to be involved to some extent. Tough call being your mother lives right next door and you could look at it both ways.

Users who are viewing this thread