Negative camber after MM Camber Caster Plates

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I just installed the CC plates by myself. Not a hard install. I have the tools to check the camber rather easily. I noticed on the passenger side that the camber adjustment plate is located to the extreme inside toward the engine. My camber adjustment is currently at -.3 on the passenger side. This means that I can't give much more negative camber if I want to road race. Has anybody run into this? Any ideas?

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
You may be able to get a bit more by loosening the two lower strut bolts and pushing inward on the lower strut hard as you tighten them back up. There is some play in the lower strut bolts (at least on my car). Also, my passenger side has less negative camber as well, but if I remember correctly I can still get about -2 degrees out of it.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Ok after actually reading the instructions thoroughly, I see the bearing plates can be installed in a positive position, or negative. Shelbyguy, you did mean 'swap' instead of 'flip', right? I can get plenty of negative camber already on the driver's side. Do you think I could have trouble getting too much negative after swapping the plates, and having now room for adjustment?
I'm sure the real answer should be... try and find out. :beer:

or flip the plates over like it says in the instructions

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ok after actually reading the instructions thoroughly, I see the bearing plates can be installed in a positive position, or negative. Shelbyguy, you did mean 'swap' instead of 'flip', right? I can get plenty of negative camber already on the driver's side. Do you think I could have trouble getting too much negative after swapping the plates, and having now room for adjustment?
I'm sure the real answer should be... try and find out. :beer:

Yes, you swap the Top Plates to go from Pos to Neg.

p.3 of the Instructions gives you the approximate Camber Range for each setup :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread