Needs some rule book help

Terry Moenich

Established Member
As many of you know, I have not done any racing this year at all as I continue to fight a back problem and vision issues. ( Would you want Mr. Magoo on the track with you):lol:

However, I have continued to prepare my 1983 Mustang for track events as I am optomistic I will get these two problems corrected some day.

What I need to know is for track santioning bodies and NHRA where does the battery cut-off switch need to be mounted when you have a rear mounted battery?

I tried to find a rule book for NHRA on line unsuccessfully
I did not try SCCA yet.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
hey Terry! good to hear from you, its been a while! I believe they want it to be reachable by both the driver AND the track personnel, which would make sense as most race cars have them on the drivers side roll cage to the left of the steering wheel....

b4409

Established Member
Hi Terry. I don't know about the little lightning bolt, but my better half knows quite a few opthalmologists in Chicago and suburbs. Let me know if you need a second opinion.

BTW, just got back from Topeka - the trailer is just awesome!

bb

white_2kgt

Banned
Terry Moenich said:
As many of you know, I have not done any racing this year at all as I continue to fight a back problem and vision issues. ( Would you want Mr. Magoo on the track with you):lol:

However, I have continued to prepare my 1983 Mustang for track events as I am optomistic I will get these two problems corrected some day.

What I need to know is for track santioning bodies and NHRA where does the battery cut-off switch need to be mounted when you have a rear mounted battery?

I tried to find a rule book for NHRA on line unsuccessfully
I did not try SCCA yet.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

You mentioned NHRA, for drag racing the cutoff must be in the rear. For Open tracking that depends, I run NASA and I have my switch on the drivers side 'A' pillar roll bar tube.

http://www.2kgt.com/images/RandomRacePrep_2005-12-14/IMG_9521.jpg

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Terry,

You definately need to get ahold of both rule books. Most drag cars run with the window up so it can't be INSIDE the car. That is why most drag cars mount the battery disconnect at the rear of the car near the battery location.

For O/T I prefer on the driver's a-pillar for access to driver and emergency personnel.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread