Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Polk Audio MM691

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
I am looking to buy a set of speakers for my silverado and need soem opinions from poeple with experience. I would like to get a set of 6x9's and 6.5's I have heard opinions from several poeple but cant discerne the better of the bunch, I want more of a workhorse for the 6x9's somthing with good bass and okay sound but mostly something that I wont have to replace anytime soon and a clean sounding set of 6.5's I will be running a amp probably a pioneer or rockford 4 way tell me what you think.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I'm just going by brand, but I've always liked the way Alpine speakers sound. I like Pioneer for head units though.

Termi-Addict

Established Member
infinity kappa perfect 6.1's. I have 2 pair in my truck. I'm a car audio nut and I promise you, you will not be disappointed with these. Just my .02 but 6x9's are trash. Get your self a pair of the infinity kappa 6.1's, 2 sets if it's ext. cab, a pair of tweeters or two and a good 10" sub.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Have had Infinity Kappa speakers in numerous vehicles and have yet to have a problem or be let down.

Termi-Addict

Established Member
Here's the setup I run in my 1970 K10 Chevy-

-Pioneer AVH-P6000
-10" FI BL sub
-4 Kappa Perfect 6.1's.
-2 Boston Acoustics Neo Type-M SE Tweeters
-Alpine PDX-4.100 for the 6.5's
-Alpine PDX-2.150 for Tweets
-SAZ-1000D for Sub

Best sounding set-up I have ever owned. Also the most expensive. :beer:

purdueranger

Established Member
in my Dodge I have...

Eclipse Double Din DVD/Navi head unit
Boston Acoustic 6.5" 3 way door speakers in all 4 doors
2 8" JL Audio W7 subs
2 JL Audio Amps underneath the front seats
3 Infinity tweeters in the dash
I also have crossovers for each door speeker.
2 Circuit breakers in the engine compartment in case the system overloads so I don't blow a big fuse.

The speakers are powered by one of the amps and that feeds the crossovers and it is crystal clear sound coming out of system. I never have a problem with distortion no matter how loud I crank the speakers. For a QC truck the 2 8" subs get the job done.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Dont worry about 6x9s.

Dont even worry about a rear stage.

Out of that list, Alpine followed by Infinity but there are much better speakers out there in that price range. Judging by your choices. Id say you're budgets around $100-130ish.

Look at strictly 6.5" components. Look into CDT Audio, Arc Audio, and Diamond Audio for that range. If you decide to spend more, check out Rainbow, DLS, Image Dynamics, Focal and Morel.

If you want to go cheap--Phoenix Gold RSD65. Best bang for your buck component out there.

Then just pick up an amp. I recommend Sundown Audio. Other brands include Audioque, RD Audio, DC Audio, and Memphis or Rockford if you have to go mainstream.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
infinity kappa perfect 6.1's. I have 2 pair in my truck. I'm a car audio nut and I promise you, you will not be disappointed with these. Just my .02 but 6x9's are trash. Get your self a pair of the infinity kappa 6.1's, 2 sets if it's ext. cab, a pair of tweeters or two and a good 10" sub.

What this guy said. I had a set in my car and could not tell you how many people asked what kind of subs I had I laugh opened my truck to show them the huge 6x9's. I would never buy anything else I have them in my car now a differnt set of course but you get the idea once you hear the best the rest dont compare. Your welcome have a good day.:rockon::rockon::beer::beer:

Tispho

Established Member
I have the infinity references, and although they are decent. I really do regret not getting the kappas.

The kappas are the way to go.

carnut101

Established Member
I have a rule for speakers: if it's a brand name that I can find in a big store, I wont touch it. As mentioned earlier, CDT and Arc Audio have great budget products. It's exactly what I had in the vette - 3-way front stage with CDT speakers and crossovers running off of an Arc Audio amp for well under a grand.

EDIT: went back and reread the thread a little more carefully... a big +1 on everything Matts00GT said.

Last edited:

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
Thanks for everyones input I like the Kappa Perfects but also would like to step out of the mainstream a little also I'm thinking rainbow, its going in a 75 silverado K20 it has a big block so I need more noise than the engine. it will be a work in progress so I want good stuff I dont want to have to buy speakers now and when I am ready for subs I already have to replace the front speakers again...does that make sense I am more or less going for longevity not just sound quality

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Thanks for everyones input I like the Kappa Perfects but also would like to step out of the mainstream a little also I'm thinking rainbow, its going in a 75 silverado K20 it has a big block so I need more noise than the engine. it will be a work in progress so I want good stuff I dont want to have to buy speakers now and when I am ready for subs I already have to replace the front speakers again...does that make sense I am more or less going for longevity not just sound quality

man that rainbow stuff isnt worth the money unless your putting the truck in a sound quality contest for a non daily driver. I mean its good stuff but you can get something comparable for half the cost. alpine type r is a solid speaker

CBrowning84

Established Member
man that rainbow stuff isnt worth the money unless your putting the truck in a sound quality contest for a non daily driver. I mean its good stuff but you can get something comparable for half the cost. alpine type r is a solid speaker

Alpine Type R comp set for ~150
Rainbow Comp set for ~200

You act like it's the end all be all of car audio... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread