Needing Info For 98 Cobra

showtm490

Established Member
My buddy just bought a 98 Cobra with 100,000 miles on it and needs some info. The car is basically stock beside a Vortech S-Trim putting out 4-6lbs of boost, Vortech chip, Bassani X-pipe and Flowmasters. It's believed that the car is putting out about 360rwhp.

Now here's where your recommendations come in. He's wanting more power for the strip but the car needs to remain reliable and streetable. He has another pulley for 9lbs of boost but isn't sure if he should run it. He's also looking to buy a power pipe for a few extra lbs of boost. How much boost should he run on with a 100,000 mile motor? What kind of power will it make? What other mods do you recommend? As of now he has some 4:10 gears to put in it. Also which springs work the best by lowering the car and keeping a good ride quality?

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
With the high miles, I'd leave well enough alone. Start saving for the built bottom end now.

"He's wanting more power for the strip but the car needs to remain reliable and streetable."

^^^^^^^^^ Ai'nt everybody!!^^^^^^^^^

The Eibach Pro Kit are great loking/riding springs.

rallycobra

Established Member
Do a compression test. If everything looks okay, add a powerpipe. That will give you 2lbs of boost for $200. Get a dyno tune, and drive it until it breaks. I have 4.10 gears, and like my Bullit springs all around. The C springs lowered the car too much. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread