Need your opinions on rear tires

1strike

Established Member
Trying to get some tires and wheels for my rear. Car is completely stock; been sitting in my garage straight from the dealer for the last 2 weeks with a nice 21k miles......1 owner ( an old man is what I was told but who knows)

Anyhow....I've been looking around and still can't decide on the specifics of what to put on the rear. Definitely going for the staggered look. What puzzles me is whether or not I'll require spacers of any sort, aftermarket ISO's, what tire to go with, etc. I'd appreciate any and all feedback......thanks in advance.

Couple of unanswered questions I still have on my mind.....

Would it be an awful look to keep the stock wheels on the front to go with an 18x10.5......or should it be 17x10.5 on the rear???

Do I absolutely need an IRS Aluminum Bushing (aftermarket)???

Do I need a Urethane Bushing (aftermarket)???

Will going much wider on the rear drastically affect the alignment and handling of the car???

Should me wanting to go wider on the rear mesh with the idea of putting on the H&R springs sitting in my garage???

(It's a vert by the way.....if it matters any)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It really depends, do you want to stick with the oem wheels? I would either go 17's on all four or 18's, not a mix. Also what H&R springs, super sports or race? You shouldn't need any aftermarket bushings, but I would recommend the MM irs bolts for more tire clearance. Do you want a street tire in the rear or a drag radial? Is this a daily driver or weekend cruiser?

Mine is a coupe with 18inch saleen replicas. I have 18x10s in the back with H&R race springs, all iso's in place and nitto 305/35/18 drag radials with zero issues. I'll be getting the toyo proxes r888 this summer.

1strike

Established Member
Ok.....so it looks like I'll probably go with a 17x10.5 on the rear then.....I kind of thought that going to an 18x10.5 on the rear while leaving the stocks on the front would look just a tad bit abnormal....

Now...the springs, I thought there was only one model for the verts?? Not sure which ones they are....but they are specified for the vert.

MM IRS bolt -check-

Looking for a drag radial on the rear.....(weekend driver only)

Thanks for the feedback bro....

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok.....so it looks like I'll probably go with a 17x10.5 on the rear then.....I kind of thought that going to an 18x10.5 on the rear while leaving the stocks on the front would look just a tad bit abnormal....

Now...the springs, I thought there was only one model for the verts?? Not sure which ones they are....but they are specified for the vert.

MM IRS bolt -check-

Looking for a drag radial on the rear.....(weekend driver only)

Thanks for the feedback bro....

H&R only list's the race version for coupes, but many members that have verts have used the race spring. I can't remember if they changed anything else though. It would be a good idea to get some good caster camber plates when lowering your car. The alignment shop dialed everthing up nicely with my mm caster camber plates. The reason I'm going with toyo proxes r888 is because they have gotten alot of praise on this site! Awsome traction on higher hp cars but the tread life seems to last longer because it's not a drag radial. With only 4k miles on my nittos with zero burnouts or drag use, mine are already down to the wear bars.

Users who are viewing this thread