Need your opinion

Kaizman

Established Member
I am sitting here spinning my wheels. I have a 2013 GT500 ordered in March and still waiting for production, have a chance to buy a very low mile Shelby 2011 GT350. Money is close on both cars and I need some help deciding which one to go for. I am not a 1/4 mile guy, will drive the car about 5-6000 miles/year and take it on the track 2-3 times a year. Please let me know your thoughts, especially if someone has experience with both cars. I need to decide soon ~ Thanks Mike

nc_super_snake

Established Member
If you wanna cancel your order. Ill gladly take it (providing i can get it how i want it). Im having a bit of a struggle to get one ordered due to finding allocations open and production being on HOLD from what ive been told!

Cman01

hello
Established Member
You've waited this long................what's a little longer to REALLY get what you want? You mentioned the price is close between the 13 and the 11 used car?? It's a no brainer to me......................'13 all the way!!!!!

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Depends on what you really are after. For example, the more "rare" model will be the 350, but the more refined the 500. Also colors & options may be a factor

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
If you like flashy, look-at-me gaudiness, get the GT350. Otherwise, continue to wait for the '13 you want. If it was me, however, there's no way I would've waited this long. I would've been decided on something different; probably an M3 or Cayman (S).

But anyway, the GT350 is a ricer's dream when it comes to badging and other crap slapped all over the car. It makes the SuperSnake look "clean" by comparison. It just looks too bulky and heavy. The guys at SAI completely lost sight of what the GT350 was. The original was svelte and, if I'm not mistaken, lightweight. Anyways, you would definitely turn a LOT of heads and be way more exclusive.

Penemyone

Established Member
The NEW GT500 all day long. It would be built how YOU want it!

10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)
99 Stang GT 35th Anniv. Pack (Millennium Falcon)

farmboy90

Established Member
I am sitting here spinning my wheels. I have a 2013 GT500 ordered in March and still waiting for production, have a chance to buy a very low mile Shelby 2011 GT350. Money is close on both cars and I need some help deciding which one to go for. I am not a 1/4 mile guy, will drive the car about 5-6000 miles/year and take it on the track 2-3 times a year. Please let me know your thoughts, especially if someone has experience with both cars. I need to decide soon ~ Thanks Mike

I don't really see this as a close comparison (at least from a numbers perspective). The GT500 is the way to go.

Subjectively--perhaps you really like the looks of the 350 more or something--you need to decide what things are worth to you.

But objectively speaking, the GT500 is a monster by comparison.

NY Eleanor

Established Member
Most here would take GT500 but if I had the opportunity to drive the 350, maybe it would sway me. GT500 is great, but 350 is "truer" Shelby and should hold it's value better. Hard to say without actually seeing and driving both b/c looks and drive matter most to me.

Van@RevanRacing

I have ridden and driven both.

Get the 2013 GT500 and you'll thank me later. The 2013 GT500 is on a different level. The GT350 is well, not a GT500.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread