Need your opinion on A/F ratio after chip

OverToad

Established Member
The safer approach is mo' fuel :)

Just remember that the odds are you had a tail-pipe sniffer checking your A/F ratio. They tend to run .5 leaner than your car is actually running.
It's your car, so do whatever helps you feel more comfortable, but if it were me, I would believe my A/F is right on at 12:1, and I wouldn't touch it, since I believe "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Goodluck either way :thumbsup:

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Alot of the problem with a/f's this winter is the oxygenated gas. We've found it leans these cars out for .5 to 1.0 a/f. As far as how I tune a/f on these cars I really like it between 11.2-11.6 a/f. We found that the cars pull much harder up top and are seeing some very good mph with this tune. We did some tuning on Finicky's car at Cecil last week and his car with my chip,Cai,2.93 pulley and exhaust went 11.4@124mph. This is a very safe tune. A/F is in the low 11s and it was on pump 93 octane gas. I feel the extra fuel helps cool the charge.

Rick

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
And there you have it, boys and girls. 11.2-11.6...Sounds good to me.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
dkd58 and to anyone else that has dyno'd before and after a chip/pulley. Did you guys notice the car dogs after 4,500 rpms on the dyno almost as if it loses its scream before the chip/pulley? I guess it would be better after you chip the car to get the a/f not so rich up stairs. So the question I'm tring to ask is, DOES it scream all the way and not level out as much with the correct a/f. Sorry if you cann't understand what I'm asking?:??:

Last edited:

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by brad65ford
dkd58 and to anyone else that has dyno'd before and after a chip/pulley. Did you guys notice the car dogs after 4,500 rpms on the dyno almost as if it loses its scream before the chip/pulley? I guess it would be better after you chip the car to get the a/f not so rich up stairs. So the question I'm tring to ask is, DOES it scream all the way and not level out as much with the correct a/f. Sorry if you cann't understand what I'm asking?:??:

I'm not sure I fully understand your question but I can tell you the mutha screamed the entire run, I had my fingers in my ears the whole time. As far as a/f ratio, i think the car is a liitle lean. I wanted to see how the exhaust affected the dyno before I sent the chip in for a reburn.

After that headers,... throttle body,.. tires? Can you say 500 RWHP?:beer:

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
SpeedLab / Automekanika in Spring Grove is supposed to be a Diablosport tuner by now. I haven't made any horsepower upgrades this spring so I haven't checked on their progress on the tuning front.

They were a Diablosport dealer with a SuperFlow dyno last fall.

847 395-1385

dkd58

Established Member
Originally posted by slow lane
SpeedLab / Automekanika in Spring Grove is supposed to be a Diablosport tuner by now. I haven't made any horsepower upgrades this spring so I haven't checked on their progress on the tuning front.

They were a Diablosport dealer with a SuperFlow dyno last fall.

847 395-1385

Right on! This is the lead I was looking for, THANKS

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Alot of the problem with a/f's this winter is the oxygenated gas. We've found it leans these cars out for .5 to 1.0 a/f. As far as how I tune a/f on these cars I really like it between 11.2-11.6 a/f. We found that the cars pull much harder up top and are seeing some very good mph with this tune. We did some tuning on Finicky's car at Cecil last week and his car with my chip,Cai,2.93 pulley and exhaust went 11.4@124mph. This is a very safe tune. A/F is in the low 11s and it was on pump 93 octane gas. I feel the extra fuel helps cool the charge.

Hey Rick all I have is Cat Back and CAI my car is well under 10 at the High end, can you guys burn a chip to fix this with just the mods in my sig?, I have stock pulley. Also will the chip give me more horse power, raise the rev limiter and matbe get rid of the mph limiter. Thanks in advance.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing

Rick

Is this measured from a bung in the H or X or is it from the tailpipes?

I'm assuming that if you measured from a bung and someone else goes to check it from the pipes based on what I've heard in this thread, they should shoot for 11.7 to 12.1 since measuring from the pipes reads .5 leaner right? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread